Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2009, 11:32 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Grosse Pointe Park , Michigan
A Silver Lining is being listed today!

We are officially hooked on Airstream motorhomes but we will be moving up to a bigger coach so we have the bed in back and will only have to make up the front beds at night. So, we are listing Silvie this weekend, hoping to find her a good home soon. It figures, we get her right where we want her and then are tempted by something bigger (but not better, yet!). The unit we're buying needs a lot of cosmetic and mechanical work, but we are prepared for it and even a little prepared for the things we don't know about yet. Once we get her, I'll post pictures.
I'll be posting our classified ad in here shortly as well as on Craigslist for Detroit.
I'm sure I'll have a new host of questions when we get the new one. We are planning on having an RV/truck shop do the work because we want to hit the road as soon as possible. Camping this summer in Silvie the First has simply been too much fun to let much time pass without another trip.
So thank you to all of you who have helped with our Silvie, get ready for Silvie the Second!
"A Silver Lining" or Silvie for short
"Ah, well. I'm off to get my life sustaining supplies - cornmeal and gunpowder, hamhocks and guitar strings."
swanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:12 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Anyone else have problems listing a classified ad?

I spent an hour writing up the description to list all the new/newer stuff from the invoices and hit submit and it all disappeared! I am rewriting it on the computer so I can cut and paste this time.
Grrrrrrrrr.
"Ah, well. I'm off to get my life sustaining supplies - cornmeal and gunpowder, hamhocks and guitar strings."
Old 08-15-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Ouch! Sorry 'bout that. Choosing 'back' on your browser didn't work?

A login will time out in 12-15 minutes. If I've started a post and am called away, sometime I'll open another tab in my browser & log in just to make sure my posting window is covered when I hit 'send.'

Or, as you say, cut and pasting from a handy word processor works fine.

Karma to you!

[on edit: Time out! Having images too big for the classifieds software will cause an ad to disappear when you click send. The recommendations for max image size are in the steps for doing an ad. But they're also here -- so be careful and it should show up.]

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
I give up...posting on Craigslist instead

I am obviously doing something wrong so I'll stick with Craigslist for now. Thanks for the help--I will try shrinking my content.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:26 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Sorry this is happening! And per the link I gave before, you had resized any attached images to be equal or less than the Classifieds limit of 360 x 360 pixels? You used jpegs? (ie, compacted files that fit within the other 60kb filesize limit)

I just posted a test ad and all is functioning correctly.

You will get broader, Airstream market-specific eyes on your ad if we can figure this out for you. Click my username on this post and message me back if you'd like assistance.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:55 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Thanks! I did what you said and it worked.

I think the problem was twofold--I took too long writing and attached too big a file. So, somewhat tearfully, she is listed for sale. I cannot believe we are this attached in just a few months but we have already had wonderful times with the kids and can't wait to have more with a bigger unit. If all goes well, we'll have a 310 within a month just in time for fall camping in beautiful Michigan and Ohio.
Thanks again for your assistance.