Old 09-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Two Harbors , Minnesota
'92 350 LE on E-Bay...as nice as it looks?

Hi all...just curious if this '92 350 LE is really as nice as it looks? If so, someone may want to take a look...it is nearing the end of the E-Bay bidding.

Airstream Classic 350 LE Motor Home 1992 Orig. Owner:eBay Motors (item 320424477983 end time Sep-24-09 22:54:52 PDT)

not sure if this link will work

This sure looks like one of the better ones out there...btw...I have no interest other than pointing out what appears? to be an awfully nice classic AS motorhome. Original owner/inside storage/new experior finish/low miles...

Any thought about price/value...what is your guess on high bid? Looks like the owner is looking for something over $30K.

If I were in the market for a pre-fiberglass AS motorhome I would probably be down in Mississippi looking at this one?

Is '92 the last year of the "classic"?

Any comments?

Back to my morning coffee...Tom R

Old 09-23-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
Tom,

1992 was the last year for the 350 model. The Classic motorhomes were redesigned for 1993-1996 with both a gas and diesel model. Here is a link to my model/years chart.

-Fred

ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
The link didn't work for me but here is the eBay item number (320424477983).

SWEET RIDE! My wife really loved it. I like how the bathroom wall has a hinge. One of my complaints of the 345 was the tight bathroom. LOVE the leather! I always like the floorplan in my 345 except for the corner bed which this one has the north-south queen! OH TEMPTATION! If my kids were gone (just a few more years!) I'd be driving back to Mississippi right now.

As for the price, there is no telling what the reserve is. The exterior is in great shape. You could easily spend 15-25k on repairs on another unit. Just from the pictures, I give it a thumbs up!
Old 09-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Two Harbors , Minnesota
10 hours left...bid at $29,200...appears to be at least 3-4 bidders still interested. Reserve not yet met but the seller has implied it may be around $30K.

My guess is may be quiet until right around final auction time.

IF I was ready to buy one of these I would be very tense as this auction comes to its' close.

Again...I must have too much time but I find this interesting...some one will/may? get what appears to be a very nice '92 AS motor home.

Will be interesting to see if it may be someone on this forum?? Tom
Old 09-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
holland , Michigan
I know you have been looking for some time Tom. You called me on my 04 28 Safari, and a word of caution. Unless you are capable doing some or most of the mechanical repairs on one of these rigs, well, I would think twice. Every one I have seen on the road and had discussions with the owner is a story of very frequent replacement and repair. Not that trailers are trouble free, but owning a 3- 5 year old trailer and a new or newer tow vehicle is just a reduction in the possibility of breakdowns. The Chassis on these units and older is one that is reaching life span on many components.

Another issue is safety. I have full air bags front/side and well, what would you rather be in in roll over etc. Motorhomes are a hoot, I have had 3. Just a heads up. Good luck in your search. Life is short, get something soon, time is wasting.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
holland , Michigan
I know you have been looking for some time Tom. You called me on my 04 28 Safari, and a word of caution. Unless you are capable doing some or most of the mechanical repairs on one of these rigs, well, I would think twice. Every one I have seen on the road and had discussions with the owner is a story of very frequent replacement and repair. Not that trailers are trouble free, but owning a 3- 5 year old trailer and a new or newer tow vehicle is just a reduction in the possibility of breakdowns. The Chassis on these units and older is one that is reaching life span on many components.

Another issue is safety. I have full air bags front/side and well, what would you rather be in in roll over etc. Motorhomes are a hoot, I have had 3. Just a heads up. Good luck in your search. Life is short, get something soon, time is wasting.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #7
Full Timers/Diesel power.

1983 31' Airstream310
Cactus Hug , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari 28 View Post
Motorhomes are a hoot, I have had 3. Just a heads up. Good luck in your search. Life is short, get something soon, time is wasting.
Works for us; we're heading out next week for the season.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0200.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	87697  
Old 09-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #8
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
FYI - The 350 on eBay ended up at 31,100 with reserve not met.

The good thing about the Airstream units is that the P-30 chassis parts and 454 engine parts are VERY common. All of the RV stuff is industry standard just like the trailers.