Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2016, 07:10 AM   #1
Stream Weaver

1989 37' Airstream 370
pamplico , South Carolina
Send a message via Skype™ to romakdaddy
89 370 vanity removal...

do any other motorhomes share the same cabinets and stuff? I have a water leak behind the vanity and need to remove it to get to it...I found the brackets near the sink and have it loose but cant figure for the life of me how the left side is fastened due to the cubby liner that seems to be screwed in on all sides especially the side I cant get to. any hints or tips on removing it without destroying it would help.

romakdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:01 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Ebro , Fla Panhandle
I've got the same vanity and there is a block with screws into the top on the inboard side just above the door of the hamper.
Also the outboard wall of the hamper seems to slide toward the center of the coach at its bottom allowing the top edge of the piece to slide out of a notch at the top of the hamper, freeing it to come out of the way. Probably some fasteners into the vanity top then revealed at the outboard edge.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Richard
tevake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:48 PM   #3
Stream Weaver

1989 37' Airstream 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by tevake View Post
I've got the same vanity and there is a block with screws into the top on the inboard side just above the door of the hamper.
Also the outboard wall of the hamper seems to slide toward the center of the coach at its bottom allowing the top edge of the piece to slide out of a notch at the top of the hamper, freeing it to come out of the way. Probably some fasteners into the vanity top then revealed at the outboard edge.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Richard
I found the inboard screws and removed them but cant get the hamper walls to do anything...I only had a brief time to investigate cause a customer came up(darn these people wanting to give me money)...lol now it's raining so it might be later before I can get back on it.
romakdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:47 AM   #4
Stream Weaver

1989 37' Airstream 370
For those interested, I got it out without destroying anything....much. I removed the top and bottom screws from the facing on the hamper and one end came loose but it was still attached to the wall.

I took the drawers out of the bedroom cabinet to see if there was any screws holding it in and didn't see anything until I noticed there was a double wall there with the vent stacks running up...oh great! what now?...simple. Instead of removing the entire wall I just cut a hole in the wall where I needed to be to remove the screws and the gamble paid off.

I was finally able to get the facing off and concentrate on the counter top, I had to fight with the hamper liner and finally got the screws out to access the bracket on the far end of the curbside wall and it finally came free...mostly. I had a bit of trouble with the front facing strip and it was then I realized it was held in like the hamper facing from the other wall. I looked in the kitchen closet and thank heavens the screw heads were accessible without cutting anything...lol

I was finally able to remove the vanity all be it in pieces but it came out without breaking anything and now I can address the plumbing leaks.

Putting it all back in will be a chore since ill have to put it all back together, remove the toilet and paper roll holder and slide it in plus replace the wood I removed on the bedroom wall so the drawer bracket has something to screw into....stay tuned for plumbing upgrades....lol