Old 06-10-2005, 06:16 PM   #1
Rivet Master
79 Motorhome Refrig. pictures needed please

I am going to take out the not original fridge and put in a correct one but need to see the areas around the fridge to determine if I have any missing or cut pieces.
Please help by giving me pictures of the top bottom and sides of the area surrounding the fridge as viewed from looking strait at it.

Thanks in advance

RichardT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 06:54 PM   #2
Just a member
1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64

The space normally is surrounded by the wall cabinets. The standard refer is the normal 7.0 CF Dometic model. You could possibly get a 10 CF in there if you go with one of the new ND series.

The cabinets over the refer go all the way to the bulkhead wall. It normally sits on the floor, or an inch or two up. The issue with being able to take pictures is the distance from counter to the wall makes for extreme closeups, hard to get a feel for it

Do you have a pic of how yours is setup? We can possibly tell you what is not right.

Brett G
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 09:17 AM   #3
Rivet Master
1992 30' Airstream 30
Santa Rosa , Northern California wine country
If you do a search here, you'll find the name of at least two sites that tell you the original fridge model, it's dimensions, and what you may replace it with. When I had mine done, the space was limited by the floor, the left interior wall (where the extinguisher is), the right pantry wall, and the upper space level with the pantry "roof". It was framed just like I see in homes, with space around. They screwed everything in and made it real tight. Since mine was also not original, they had to use a few extra screws in strategic places, but no alteration in the fridge space. It fit snugly under the original vent. Although mine was built in '81 on a '79 P30 chassis, I hope that your Argosy may be close enough to my design for this to help.
1992 Airstream 300LE, rear queen, Banks Power!
Astrodokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 10:21 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Thanks , I guess I will remove the peices of wood they used as spacers and see what I have to work with.

It is in fact an Airstream and not an Argosy
RichardT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 12:10 PM   #5
Rivet Master
1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
My Pics

Look at my thread "Interior 99% Done" in this same sub-forum. I have a picture of my refrigerator which is original. Let me know if you have the same kitchen layout and I will send you some more detailed pictures of the fridge.
Chaplain Kent
1994 30' Excella 1000, Chummy III- Ford Excursion- 7.3 Turbo-diesel
Chaplain Kent is offline   Reply With Quote