Old 04-11-2014, 01:44 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2001 27' Safari
1995 36' Classic 36
Ambler , Pennsylvania
Vycan. I also have a 95 36 diesel pusher which I bought from the original owner last October. My wife an I have been on the road with it since the end of Feb and are currently in Naples fl I have been quite satisfied with the rig. I'm pulling an 86 vw diesel jetta. Loaded and pulling the car I have been getting 12.8 mpg on the AS so I am ok with that You will enjoy yours. We went to the Fl AS rally in Ohio key and we had the only 36 pusher there among a lot of AS motorhomes. Good luck with it

Old 04-11-2014, 02:43 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Any mild dish washing soap- Joy, Dawn-
That is the great thing about canvas vs. vinyl awnings.
Love your rig- my most favorite motor home in the wide world...

1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:17 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1994 36' Classic 36 Diesel
Manhattan , Kansas
Screening the hollows,

I was not happy with the ease of access for critters behind the fridge, so I added aluminum screen to it. They were left overs from my screen door project. After that I added the screen for the hot water heater, and purchased the prefabbed ones for the furnaces. Pics of all installs. Yes, she has two furnaces, but they look the same, so only posted one picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Fridge Access.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	290.2 KB
ID:	209543   Click image for larger version

Name:	Backside Fridge Access APR14.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	318.9 KB
ID:	209544  

Name:	IMG-20140412-00620.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	318.6 KB
ID:	209545   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen on Furnace APR14.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	209546  

Old 04-12-2014, 06:47 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Manhattan , Kansas
PO had an accident just before the sale of their unit.
Attached is the damage right after it happened. Notice the light housing outboard edge is flush with the centerline trim.

Took the time to do some body work with it, but could not get access high enough to fully work it out. Will need to go into the bedroom, and remove some panels to get access to everything. So the second picture is the 80% solution.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1549s.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	209548   Click image for larger version

Name:	Repair MAR14.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	273.5 KB
ID:	209549  

Old 04-12-2014, 06:55 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Manhattan , Kansas
The first picture is the end of my screen door project. I sadly did not take a picture of it before the completion picture. Before, it was a black nylon screen. Looked like a few grasshoppers had their way with it in a few locations. It was pushed in and ripped all along one side next to the door body, and had the outline of dust they get from age in the areas with the most air flow. This was the result of about an hour of work.

The second picture is from when, I noticed the plastic cover was cracked and splitting (mentioned in previous posts), repaired it with automotive goop.

The last picture was after both were complete and I saw gaping holes from those damned insects to get into our home! Added some foam gasket material to it, and sealed them all up.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Redone APR14.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	307.3 KB
ID:	209550   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cover repair APR14.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	209551  

Name:	Bug Protection APR14.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	259.7 KB
ID:	209552  
Old 04-12-2014, 07:53 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Boulder , Colorado
There are two drain tubes from the roof A/C units. Prime target for the mud dobbers. You will wake up wondering if you wet your Jammie's!
Old 04-12-2014, 08:04 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2001 27' Safari
1995 36' Classic 36
Ambler , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
There are two drain tubes from the roof A/C units. Prime target for the mud dobbers. You will wake up wondering if you wet your Jammie's!
Dakota how do you keep the dobbers out of those drains ? Mine are clear and draining well here in the Fl humidity but I best protect them before I head to Maine for the summer
Old 04-12-2014, 10:10 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Manhattan , Kansas
Thanks for the tip Dakota! Do you have a pic for reference?
Old 04-13-2014, 11:54 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Boulder , Colorado
If you drop the bezels you will see the tubed running from the collector under the evaporator coils to the drivers side of the coach. I believe they come down in the front and rear wheel wells. I haven't done anything other than inspect them. I pulled the covers on the roof and found a significant amount of dust in the coils. Compressed air then soapy water in a garden sprayer and rinse with the hose cleaned things right up.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:44 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2001 27' Safari
1995 36' Classic 36
Ambler , Pennsylvania
Quote:
If you drop the bezels you will see the tubed running from the collector under the evaporator coils to the drivers side of the coach. I believe they come down in the front and rear wheel wells. I haven't done anything other than inspect them. I pulled the covers on the roof and found a significant amount of dust in the coils. Compressed air then soapy water in a garden sprayer and rinse with the hose cleaned things right up.
Dakota my drains exit (driver side front) just aft of the center of the wheel well and (driver side rear) just forward of the generator . Both are black 3/8 I'D rubber hose extending about 6 inches . Very easy to spot At least here in Fl (85f / 80 % humidity) at present you well see large wet spots on the ground when the a/c s are on No mistake if the drains are operating
Like you said if the rear one is plugged you definitely will wake up thinking you wet your Jammie's
Old 04-14-2014, 08:13 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Boulder , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vycan View Post
Screening the hollows,

I was not happy with the ease of access for critters behind the fridge, so I added aluminum screen to it. They were left overs from my screen door project. After that I added the screen for the hot water heater, and purchased the prefabbed ones for the furnaces. Pics of all installs. Yes, she has two furnaces, but they look the same, so only posted one picture.

I found a big gaping hole around the galley drain pipe where it penetrates the floor under the frig. It was large enough that red squirrels built nests and stored wild cherries in the catacombs of the coach.

That and a few other issues I was dealing with lead me to start a thread about craftsmanship and work ethics that upset some of the members. You might find some useful info if you do a search for it.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:33 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2001 27' Safari
1995 36' Classic 36
Ambler , Pennsylvania
Quote:

I found a big gaping hole around the galley drain pipe where it penetrates the floor under the frig. It was large enough that red squirrels built nests and stored wild cherries in the catacombs of the coach.

That and a few other issues I was dealing with lead me to start a thread about craftsmanship and work ethics that upset some of the members. You might find some useful info if you do a search for it.
I have closed some holes that a small giraffe could have wiggled through one in particular was on the inside of the driver side wheel well where numerous electrical cables pass through. All these holes are done at the factory PO didn't cut any new ones

I think I am going to try screened fuel line pick ups ( like on a chain saw) to protect those AC drains I don't look forward to trying to run a snake up those tubes to clear them of dobbers if I don't get them protected
Years back I has a heater squirrel cage completely filled with mud nests Nasty clean up

Pull out the bottom drawer in the center consul and check for rodent nests there. They love that cozy carpeted are for winter residence
Old 04-14-2014, 12:45 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Boulder , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by rw1895 View Post
Dakota how do you keep the dobbers out of those drains ? Mine are clear and draining well here in the Fl humidity but I best protect them before I head to Maine for the summer
I've been meaning to sitck a pin through the hose. Should be enough to block a wasp and not constrict the flow of water and the asocaited dust and lint.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:08 PM   #28
Rivet Master

Manhattan , Kansas
Happy Easter!!!

This weekend I installed an ultrabreeze cover for my fantastic fan.
1. Video:

-Installed a bunch of pop-a-stuff from CAMCO.
1. Plate
2. Bowl
3. Napkins
4. Bag
5. Towel

-Added a storage shelf under the dinette for office supplies:
Amazon.com: S.Solutions 814 Add-A-Drawer Kit: Automotive Buyer Beware... it is for only a single shelf... because of this it is overpriced. If it were two, it would be fair.

-Converted the lights throughout the coach to LED.
1. Used bulb replacement for small lights. Interior and storage compartment lights.
2. Used cabin bright for the florescent. Highly recommend. Easy install, and can set it up for ease of conversion back to old florescent if you are concerned with stock setups. Amazon.com: Cabin Bright - 15-18 Inch 12 Volt LED Fluorescent Tube Replacement: Automotive
Now the entire coach lit up on the inside is the same as what two lights previously cost in energy.
Still need to do all marker lights, and clearance lights.

-Identified the issue with the Dash A/C. The binary switch is bad, and would not turn on regardless of pressure on high or low side. I decided I would switch it out, and am used to applications with schrader valves under each switch, so I went to take it off, and made quite a mess. Got it back on before I lost all pressure, so I do not have to replace the evaporator. Pressure at rest once I got it back on was 55psi. So swapped out switch for a fuse. Will leave my pressure manifold in the hood and check the AC at stops.

Purchased two of these fans, and love them! Kept the entire coach warm on our shakedown cruise during 38 deg nights. Amazon.com - Vornado VH2 Whole Room Vortex Heater - Space Heaters

Also discovered the PO had an endless breeze fan, but they pulled it from the unit when they sold it to us.

On the to do list...
1. Adding an air hose to the compressor system with a manual cut off in the line: Commercial-Quality 50' Auto-Rewind Air Hose Reel with 3/8 RUBBER Hose - Air Tool Hose Reels - Amazon.com
2. Scrape out vulkem on back windows and reseal (had a slow leak on the driver/street side)
3. Tint the back windows.
4. Remove all the plastic trim yellowing with age, and repaint it white: Amazon.com: Rust-Oleum 248922 Automotive 11-Ounce Vinyl and Fabric Spray Paint, Gloss White: Home Improvement
5. Learn what PSI my tires should be at for road trips to add to the check list.
6. Replace front tires.
7. Banks power pack.
8. Solar system in ballpark of 800kw
9. Replace Engine batteries. (using their warranty/not holding charge)
10. Consider moving the queen bed further to the rear.
11. Install a gas-tube lift on the engine compartment hatch. (Has anyone already done this?)
12. find the AC drain plugs and protect them from mud daubers.