I replaced my overflow valve last weekend, and developed a knocking sound immediately afterwards. It sounds like it is coming from the front of the engine, but I cannot feel any indications of the knock anywhere. All fuel injection lines have that rhythmic pulse, the P7100 feels fine, and none of the valve covers are making any sound, but it literally sounds like something is banging around, not consistent or in time with the RPMs. (the old overflow valve was in one piece) Read up on engine noise in my newly acquired 3.9/5.9L Cummins trouble shooting and service manual, and have a series of things to do. Will keep you posted.
On the aesthetics side of the house, I picked up a Nutone Food Center off ebay for $40, sadly there is not enough room to install it at the countertop. I am considering Installing it in the Dinette towards the window along the center line. I am still researching how the Dinnette Top Piece is constructed, and considering just getting another one off of ebay/Salvage to keep the original just that. Anyone have a spare dinette table? Or Nutone Food center accessories they would be willing to part with? :-D
I also took the time to put our headphone line from our DVD TV combo to our AUX in at the rear stereo behind the trim in the bedroom so there is not this dangling black cord just hanging out.
On the functional side of the house, I took measurements of my engine compartment and inspiration from Kota's lift strut assisted engine cover, and ordered brackets and struts from www.liftsupportsdepot.com
Sadly the parts were pretty pricey. I set it so the anchored support rests higher at the stationary compartment and lower at the engine cover connection. Theory being the constant pressure with a downward force component will keep it closed. Just one problem. The brackets I ordered were 10mm balls, and the struts came with 13mm sockets, so I had to order new sockets for the struts. Hopefully they arrive by Friday so I can finish that this weekend. The brackets are all installed, so it will be easy, but it was one of those... "Are you kidding me?" moments. My own fault.
I rebuilt the Alternator I had replaced earlier, so now I have a spare again. Now if only I could find another pulley to go with it.
I also fixed one of my drawers that was no longer catching and would slide open during our trip down the road. Very simple fix, and was less than $10 in parts, whew!
1. Fix the black tank clean out (thanks for walking me through on that one at the get together Bob)
2. Run headphone line for the kiddos from the TV stand on the curb side into the wiring channel on the passenger side front, behind the dash, through wiring channel on the driver side front, over to the couch with splitter so they can listen to their movies on the go with their headphones, and there's no tripping hazard/crying because the dog unplugged them.
3. Replace the matting that sealed the rear compartment aft of the engine with aluminum cut to fit the holes, and door-edging around cutouts to prevent cutting/gouging pass through lines.
4. Either use MEK to strengthen the fan blower housing, or redesign the fitting to prevent the screws loosening over time and causing vibration noise while driving down the road. Design currently has three self-tapping wood screws holding the fan blower to the housing. Seems a little weak to me.
1. +1 Solar Panel to max the MPPT
2. Take measurements and design the roll-away compartment pop-up entertainment center.
3. Research the best way to integrate an air compressor on the coach so I do not have to lug around the black and decker pot belly everywhere we go 'just in case.'