Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Classic Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-04-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
Lewiston , Maine
Question 345 Dump valves

Me again...

I've read and re-read the manual. I don't see the supposed dump valves. Can someone please post a picture of where they are and how I operate them?

Thank you!!!
gowiththeflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
Lewiston , Maine
Found... but I'm not a total idiot ;-)

The reason I couldn't find the dump valves was the gray water one was detached from its valve. So what I had was a pole that was bent at the end and seemed to be meant to be pulled out and then inserted somewhere...

when in reality it was meant to be the handle that one pulls.

It's rigged back together until I can get to a real repair place.
gowiththeflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:20 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1989 25' Excella
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Hobe Sound , Florida
dump valves

The grey tank is the one to the passenger side of MH. It was set up to have a threaded rod which attaches to the valve and has a handle on the other side, to the left side of the dump pipe on the driver side to the rear. These valves can be ordered with or without a handle attached. I think that if you go to Inland RV web site, there are pixs of the two types of valves. All of my valves and dump connections are the older size of I believe 3.25" OD as probably yours are. Some of the valves are hard to find. The black tank valve is to the right of the dump pipe and the handle is short as that is where the tank is located. On mine, this valve pull has locking straps when closed. If you can not find the pixes on Inland site, try Thetford site. But again, beware the older units, pipe and connecting pieces are white in color and slightly larger the the new black connections.
raveson is offline   Reply With Quote