Old 02-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxbuoy View Post
Well, if push comes to shove how would you like an all expense paid week-end in Memphis? All the BBQ you can eat and all you have to do is give technical advice and plausible deniability for me that it wasn't all my fault when it falls apart
Who knows, I just might take you up on that...

bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1992 35' Airstream 350
Frisco, CO/Scottsdale, AZ , Denver, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by raveson View Post
Welcome to the fourms. Info here is great. The factory redid my exterior about 11 yrs ago. The PO had them strip and redo as orig. You might expect it need to be done again. Still looking for the right place to strip and polish. AZ is not a problem as I will be out there in the spring, but a relitively quick job is necessary as we will be in the middle of an extended adventure. Happy travels!
Richard
Hi Richard,

My husband and I had been looking for someone to redo the exterior of our 350 for over four years. We were going to strip and repair but knew that that process would only hold up for about ten years. I always felt that the burgandy/gray paint of the 90's didn't really fit with the ambience of an Airstream so decided that we needed to find someone to strip and polish. We've had our baby back after almost a year and are thrilled with how it looks. We can't go anywhere without people coming over to talk about it.

If you do find someone to do the work on your MO it obviously won't take as long as it did for us. We had made the decision to get the work done here because he had done one just like it. We knew that once the Arizona heat hit he wasn't going to be able to work on it until the fall cooldown. He did get the stripping done before it hit. Of course we were gone by then.

If you do decide to strip yours I would advise you to consider painting below the waterline. Some of the parts are not aluminum and have to be sprayed to match the body. We chose a light gray that has a very slight green cast sometimes in certain light and it looks great. We also replace the covers that weren't aluminum with stainless steel.

As soon as I get organized I'll get some pictures out there.

Happy travels,

Ginny

Old 02-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Ginny-Hal,
Where in AZ did you have it done, and if I may be so bold, what did it cost you? We are AZ advocates for winter, CO advocates for summer, and as solid as I know our unit is, I'm beginning to realize that some places won't let us in without a better appearance. I have always maintained that my unit is cosmetically challenged-but, so am I- and we did well with each other...but my appearance(and cash) doesn't seem to alter entry...I don't want to paint her, as AZ and CO are not paint-friendly...I really don't want to, but an upgrade in appearance is going to be necessary, and I no longer have the spunk to attack it on my own. My waterline starts topside, and ends somewhere below the tires...m
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Aurora , Colorado
Thumbs up Cherry Creek SP

Hi Ginny,

It was so nice to talk with you about your MH. I stopped by today and took some photos like I said I would and thought I'd post a couple here. Very nice looking Airstream!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	011reduced.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	341.3 KB
ID:	186340   Click image for larger version

Name:	020reduced.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	347.0 KB
ID:	186341  

Old 05-23-2013, 04:33 AM   #19
"Alumi-holic"

1982 31' Airstream 310
Memphis , Tennessee
Wow!

Now that's a look I can only hope to achieve one day!
Old 06-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
Tyler , Texas
Greetings,

What would be a fair market price for a 1992 classic 350 LE in great shape and 76K miles? NADA is not market price i know.
tvanwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1991 35' Airstream 350
Carriere , Mississippi
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvanwave View Post
Greetings,

What would be a fair market price for a 1992 classic 350 LE in great shape and 76K miles? NADA is not market price i know.
are you buying or selling? gas or diesel? updated interior or orig in great shape?
Old 06-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
Tyler , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxbuoy View Post
are you buying or selling? gas or diesel? updated interior or orig in great shape?
buying/ gas/ modestly (not hacked) updated interior/ and as far as I can tell the MH running gear and tires (2011) is in very good shape.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:48 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1991 35' Airstream 350
Carriere , Mississippi
Well the problem with price is there are so many variables. But because it is gas has 75K+ miles on it and not redone you are looking at the lower end of the ball park for $$. rarely are these things in pristine or even good condition. Complicating that is the fact that allot of the parts cant be had or if they can be found it will cost you a fortune.

You cant give numbers because it is all conditional based. I spent 4 hours going over the 350 I bought and had an idea what I would have to replace. I spent 2 yrs of research and looking for exactly what I wanted and was planning on doing a complete update inside as well. I focussed on mechanicals and engine since I have no skills in that department and that would cost me big dollars ti have someone else do it. The purchase price is often just the down payment. my rule of thumb is 25% of the purchase price will need to be spent for every 5yrs of age. So with a 20 yr old you are looking at spending the same amount to fix it up as you payed for it, IF IT IS IN GOID CONDITION. if not it will be way MORE.

Book should be about 11k on that. Now there are two schools of thought: First is all airstreams are under valued. Second is that it is an accurate reflection of the Actual value. NOT what people are willing to pay!

BUT start at book and if anything you see detracts from the value run and run fast LOL

People will pay more for the exact model or year they are looking for and think it has some sort of intrinsic value when it doesn't. Example. I would pay more for a vintage trailer made the year I was born because I have always wanted one and they rarely come up for sale. so I would over inflate the price.

I PM'd you my cell number give me a call if you want to talk particulars and what you are looking at.

we are at a rally all weekend and I have plenty if time on my hands ti chat. I was helped through the process and can point you in the right directions. Hopefully KEYAIR will see this and post as well. That man in amazing in airstream MOHO knowledge (how it works and what to do). He has talked me out of some dark times when I was working on mine.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
Tyler , Texas
Book should be about 11k on that. Now there are two schools of thought: First is all airstreams are under valued. Second is that it is an accurate reflection of the Actual value. NOT what people are willing to pay!

BUT start at book and if anything you see detracts from the value run and run fast LOL

People will pay more for the exact model or year they are looking for and think it has some sort of intrinsic value when it doesn't. Example. I would pay more for a vintage trailer made the year I was born because I have always wanted one and they rarely come up for sale. so I would over inflate the price.

I PM'd you my cell number give me a call if you want to talk particulars and what you are looking at.

we are at a rally all weekend and I have plenty if time on my hands ti chat. I was helped through the process and can point you in the right directions. Hopefully KEYAIR will see this and post as well. That man in amazing in airstream MOHO knowledge (how it works and what to do). He has talked me out of some dark times when I was working on mine.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU for the reply. I've not thought those points through and certainly need to. The seller wants somewhere between 25 and 30K which now sounds like way too much money. They did have it professionally repainted ($7900), added a banks system ($3900) and had the seats/ furniture reupholstered ($5k) and added all new tires in 2011. Cost and availability of parts was an issue when i had a SOB motorhome and as you point out can make ownership painful. I appreciate the time you've taken to write and for your offer of a phone conversation; i clearly have additional thinking to do.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1991 35' Airstream 350
Carriere , Mississippi
It sounds as though they have done allot of the stuff I would do if I purchased it. so. there price maybe not to far off. only condition will tell when you see it up close. but I wouldn't shy away from it just yet until i did a thorough inspection.
Old 12-10-2016, 01:14 PM   #26

1992 35' Airstream 350
Leon , León gto
Le 350

Hi
I am remodeling my le 350, I will be sending some photos ,does any one know where can I buy the owners manual
Old 12-10-2016, 01:27 PM   #27

1992 35' Airstream 350
Leon , León gto
Hi
Did you put a protector after the polish
Old 12-10-2016, 01:28 PM   #28
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Sorry, old thread, my bad.

Cheers
Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote