Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2016, 05:07 AM   #521
3 Rivet Member

1991 35' Airstream 350
Beachburg , Ontario
Interesterested in being informed on this group

Quote:
Originally Posted by tevake View Post
Aloha Dave and Bill, welcome to Airforums

Thanks for touching in, we here on the motorhomes section are a small close knit group of enthusiasts, mostly hands on owners.
We share lots of support and info toward the maintainance and enjoyment of our coaches

Dave, the former caretaker of your coach, was one of the first to welcome me into the fold and is active here, so we have all been able to follow the great progress that he made while the coach was with him.
My favorite is the beautiful transformation in the bedroom. Kind of nautical to my eye. As is fitting.

I hope you are able to continue to participate on the forum and keep us posted on your new coach and adventures.

Cheers Richard

Ps. Dave and Felicia. So glad to hear that you will be staying in touch here, so look forward to hearing of your next adventures. Be well (as you can be) and enjoy each other, Aloha nui loa, Richard
I would love to see more posts on here
OttawaValleyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:27 AM   #522
3 Rivet Member

1991 35' Airstream 350
Beachburg , Ontario
Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspaw View Post
I would like to thank Dave and Felicia for being so nice to me and my son during our trip to Mississippi to pick up the moho. Dave is a great guy and a real gentleman, and I am happy to have met him.

The moho ran great on the way home - 1100 miles without a problem. Engine temperature never above 185-190, at which point the fan clutch would engage and bring the temps back down to about 180. We would go at 60-65mph at 2200-2400 rpms.

I have a inside storage place lined up - it is only about 5 miles from my shop - the moho will be going there as soon as I complete the title transfer process and talk to the uphosterer. The moho is too nice to leave outside, so I will move it from the storage to my shop when I have time to work on it.

There are lots of little projects to do, and maybe a big one here and there, and I have tons of questions to ask. Mostly we have to finish the lounge area, install some furnaces, and work on the electrical system, and ... I don't expect to ever run out of things to do.

I have never been big on taking photographs and posting on-line, but will make a real effort to keep continue Dave's documentation of the restoration of the 350.

I can't thank Dave and Felicia enough for being so kind to us. I look forward to seeing them again when I return to Mississippi in the fall to pick up some odds and ends (windshield!!) that he has for the moho.

Dave
I would love to read how things progress
Pictures would be great as well
Howard
1991 360 LE
OttawaValleyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote