Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2019, 07:07 AM   #621
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazeevw View Post
...........Tried to open street side window awnings today, wouldn’t budge. Is there a spot I can spray with Silicone or Penetrating Oil? Ol Beast has sat for much too long. Time to get to it, interior, then exterior. Will post as I go.

Any suggestions on cure for Window Awning?

Thanks, Derek

Takes 2 people, one on each end with a ladder. Both pull where the arms meet the awning roll. If you try to force it with the center fabric strap, you will propably tear it. I doubt its lack of lubrication, but rather stuck fabric
AIR #13
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 11:08 AM   #622
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Saint Petersburg , Florida
More things change, more things stay the same

Multiple Doctor's appointments, now multiple Therapy appointments and just WAY too many prescriptions, have a feeling I MAY have whatever has a grip on me, under control.

Officially 'retired' from the 'Best Job You'll Ever Hate (post office)' March 31, 2018, able to convince someone at Office of Personnel Management that yes, I'm disabled April 2019, received letter with $$ offer June 2019, now waiting for $$ to actually begin to arrive in bank account.

All of the above now means I can ACTUALLY do something concerning my Home without wheels, and the Airstream.

Spending Summer 2019 in Northern Virginia mountains, helping out my 80-something parents. They can't decide if they want to sell here, build something else, or just rent Summer months. Not my decision, so I clam up when discussion starts concerning this matter. Two siblings, and I never want to be the one who's blamed for Mom and Dad's 'decisions'.

Anyhow, once I'm back to Florida (and Airstream) plans are to finally get to work on Power Steering pump replacement, as well as power steering hoses. Will pull auto transmission pan, and replace it with deeper, cast aluminum pan, which I've had for quite awhile now.

Thinking RockAuto for A/C Delco replacement power steering pump. Possibly even the power steering lines. Anyone ever used RockAuto for power steering pump/lines?

And yes, I realize, I'm gonna get soaked with trans fluid when I go to remove old pan. Just part of the game, something I'm used to at this point to be honest.

While I'm at it, since Airstream has been sitting for so long, have a feeling that I'll have to pull fuel tank, drain it of OLD gasoline, while it's empty, replace fuel hoses all over the place, as well seal the tank. And while I'm working on fuel tank, go ahead and remove/replace all of the old rubber fuel lines from tank to engine.

Am I missing anything? Brake fluid? Thinking I'll go ahead and replace oil/filter. If there's $$, I'm seriously considering TBI to replace the carb as well. We'll see, but that's on back burner.

Thoughts?

Thanks, Derek
crazeevw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 12:38 PM   #623
Rivet Master

Churubusco , Indiana
Sounds like a plan, fuel lines are an absolute must!
I'd check the brakes and flush the fluid while in there
Old 07-06-2019, 01:24 PM   #624
Rivet Master

2005 34' Classic S/O
2006 39' Land Yacht 396 XL
north blenheim , New York
Derek, I’ve gone away from Rock Auto, I’ll use them to get the part numbers, but I always get a better deal through Amazon or E Bay with factory items and I don’t get sodomized with Rock Auto’s shipping charge. Regards, Bob
bobmiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 08:22 PM   #625
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
_ , _
Hi Derek. Nice to see you back. Keep charging ahead!
Old 07-16-2019, 07:17 PM   #626
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Saint Petersburg , Florida
Parts, Parts Numbers

Decided 'What am I thinking' when it came to Rock Auto. I have a local Chevrolet Dealer in St Pete, FL that has a Large Truck dealership separate from car section, as well as Large Truck parts department. Believe I'll keep my $$ local. Once back in Florida, I'll head to Maher Chevrolet, parts list in one hand, credit card in other.

Wondering though, does anyone with 345 model, ever measured your gray tank? I know mine has a pinhole leak, I've tried KeyAir's MEK slurry mix once before, with no luck. Found Icondirect.com, that supplies replacement tanks, but they require LxWxD of tank to give quote on replacement tank. Yup, I realize I'll need where my input and output will go, but would love to get an idea of cost for replacement. Looking at their website, $300 is what I'm guesstimating so far.

And how the hell are you DEAN! (dadstoy)
crazeevw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:34 AM   #627
Rivet Master

Churubusco , Indiana
Derek,

The grey and black tanks are polyethylene, easy to weld with a stick of LDPE stock (mcmaster carr or anywhere else) and a heat gun or a soldering iron