Old 05-05-2014, 09:37 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Saint Petersburg , Florida
There will always be positives and negatives to owning a Classic Motorhome. Just remember, if you are unable to to a lot of the work yourself, this can get expensive really fast.
Plus if you go into this with the knowledge that you're buying a 30 year old coach, don't expect all of the goodies you see with newer coaches.
But, if you like the looks of the Classics, are good with a wrench, aren't afraid of getting your hands dirty, have plenty of spare time on weekends, this is a great project to have.
I love my Airstream, each day I get closer to having it back on the road. Camped twice after purchase, then started tearing apart Previous Owners 'improvements'. As well, I'm making improvements of my own.
Can't wait to retire and move into my Airstream and head for the open road. Just me and the open road. Follow others advice about Road Towing Service, as well as any spare parts you think you might need.
Good Luck, Derek

crazeevw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:03 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member
1991 30' Airstream 30
San Francisco , California
I picket up a 79 EXCELLA 28 for 16500, then sold it fit the same price about two weeks later when I found a 1991 300LE localy for less. The rear bedroom models are worth more...have fun!

SebasSF is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search