Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2016, 01:05 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1977 28' Argosy 28
Mission Viejo , California
Window blinds and curved walls

I have a 77 Argosy 28 MH and just installed mini blinds in 3 front living room windows. The blinds are secured at the bottom, but the blinds covering the two smaller passenger side windows still fall away from the curved windows. I'm looking for ideas to somehow hold these blinds closer to the window curve. Seems like I could mount a strip of aluminum to face of the approx 1" raised plastic vertical frame at each side of the windows that would overlap and contain the blind edges. Any other ideas?
cdufault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:19 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
We really like to repurpose items and get creative with design ideas. I totally realize that our ideas arent for everyone but we like it so thats what matters.......right? Hehehehe maybe! When we got rid of the original heavy overbearing window treatments I wanted something really clean, simple, and something to accentuate the curved interior walls of our 310 motorhome. I ended up going with simple roller shades from IKEA but had the same problem as you. So I made some blind tenders out of copper pipe, straps, and end caps. They hold the blind tight to the wall, provide a natural "stop" so when they are open they are all at the same height, and dont interfere with the window hardware. My wife wrapped some greenery around the pipe that added a nice touch I think. I know its unconventional and probably unsuitable to many people's tastes but we like them and they are very functional.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1464902288.107248.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	263731
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1464902316.025427.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	263732

We have other copper accent pieces also.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:31 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1977 28' Argosy 28
Mission Viejo , California
Old 2" blind slats hold new mini blinds to curved window contour

I like Mike's idea a lot, but lack Mrs. Mike's design skills. So I used some slats from an old set of 2" wooden blinds to hold my new blinds in place, I cut the slats slightly shorter than the mini blind length to allow for the thicker base of the mini blinds. I used Velcro strips to hold these slats into place on the molded frame next to the windows. The slats extend about an inch over the blinds to hold them close to the window. Am hopefull I can attach a pic.
cdufault is offline   Reply With Quote