Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2015, 04:56 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Victor , New York
Removing some floor

Has anyone ever removed the floor in their Argosy from just behind the cockpit? I had some water damage and rot that I would like to address plus a nice soft spot. This is all under my galley area just in front of the bathroom. Roughly how far apart are the supports underneath? I only want to take out a small chunk or floor, enough to do my repairs. Everything else in the unit seems pretty solid.

Matt
mprokop87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:56 PM   #2
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Same as you know what, just a different pile.

Pg 2 will interest you but pg 1 is the nuts and bolts and will warn you about SEEMS OKAY. The difference being I replaced the front in four pieces with a 1/2" lap joint. Take the total width of the coach, add the 1 3/4" insert into the C channel, divide by two and add 1/4" and do a 1/2" lap joint.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f311...me-106269.html

As for finding where floor grid is, you can always drill up through floor along side a piece of framework and then add half of framework width to get centre or even easier....the existing nails will tell you where the framework is.

Cheers
Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:54 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Victor , New York
This looks like it might be one hall of a job. I might postpone it and just patch everything up until the time is ready. My floors are pretty solid except for a few spots under the windows. The ones in the back dont matter because I built a bed over my entire rear section but the one in the kitchen is my concern. Its right behind the driver seat, so no one should ever step on it, but I would like ot get it fixed eventually.
mprokop87 is offline   Reply With Quote