Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Cochise , Arizona
Rear right side turn signal not working

Hello, I am currently trying to get my new argosy purchase registered for the road. I have fixed the headlights and horn as well as some of the rear lights. Every blinker works including the rear left blinker but not the rear right blinker. I am a bit confused because all of the rear brake lights work. Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any idea where I should start to tackle this?
s4misfaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4misfaction View Post
have any idea where I should start to tackle this?
Mine was the major block wire splitter found under the coach on the left side(driverside) just above the bumper framing, I cleaned it and pulled the block into the rear trunk to keep it out of the weather, as original problem was corrosion in the wire splitter block and there was enough wire outside to move it in.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Generally speaking the brake light is the directional light and the selection of operation is made in or close to the steering column. Now having said that have someone at the back of the truck and turn the brakes on and then the directional and make sure they are the same bulb on the LEFT side. It may be a case where they are using 2 different bulbs for brakes and directional. If that is the case check the right side directional bulb first for the problem and if not that look at the socket and ground connection for that bulb.

If the bulb is the same for the directional and brake light the problem may be in the directional switch itself. You would have to have a schematic of the switch to check that out. That would come from the chassis manufacture and should be easy to get either at the library or online

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Cochise , Arizona
Okay, my friend and I literally hit the fuse box and it started working.
s4misfaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:39 AM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Denton , North Carolina
cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4misfaction View Post
fuse box and it started working.
I would do some cleaning so it won't happen again while your on the road.

Dan
Dan@LED4RV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
argosy, lights, turn signals