Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-20-2016, 02:25 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
 
In Cornwall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 32
Images: 1
Outlets for Argosy parts

Hi Argosy guys and gals,

We are totally loving Harvey, our 24ft 1977 Argosy RV, and have spent many happy hours in him - travelling up and down the UK towing our 1956 Chevy Gasser to the drag races and joining friends camping nearby in Cornwall. He always attracts plenty of attention and admiring 'thumbs up' and smiles wherever we go.

Chris and I will be visiting the USA in January next year, for our 10th Anniversary, and will be flying into Miami and out of San Fransisco three weeks later after a big road trip in between.

We want to take advantage of being in Harvey's homeland to stock up on some bits for him...

Can any of you recommend some places we can visit where we can buy Argosy spare/replacement parts?Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1466450725.055383.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	264846

Yours hoping you can help...

Beverly Hill


Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
__________________

__________________
In Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:38 PM   #2
Keen amature
 
martin300662's Avatar

 
1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Cornwall View Post
Hi Argosy guys and gals,

We are totally loving Harvey, our 24ft 1977 Argosy RV, and have spent many happy hours in him - travelling up and down the UK towing our 1956 Chevy Gasser to the drag races and joining friends camping nearby in Cornwall. He always attracts plenty of attention and admiring 'thumbs up' and smiles wherever we go.

Chris and I will be visiting the USA in January next year, for our 10th Anniversary, and will be flying into Miami and out of San Fransisco three weeks later after a big road trip in between.

We want to take advantage of being in Harvey's homeland to stock up on some bits for him...

Can any of you recommend some places we can visit where we can buy Argosy spare/replacement parts?Attachment 264846

Yours hoping you can help...

Beverly Hill


Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Most mechanical parts are purchased from online stores (like RockAuto) now Beverley, although there are a few national chains (NAPA, O'Reilly's, APS, Autozone) who can get parts in within a day or so if you visit the counter.

Your best bet would be to buy online and have the delivery where you can collect en route.

Alternatively you could stop by Brad's because he seems to have the worlds supply of anything Argosy in his workshop
__________________

__________________
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:00 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member
 
Boom Sounds's Avatar
 
1991 25' Airstream 250
Oxford , Oxfordshire
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 325
Images: 5
Are you talking about Airstream parts or chassis parts, or both?

Nick, Oxford
__________________
Think outside the box
Boom Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:25 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
bkahler's Avatar

 
1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin300662 View Post
....Alternatively you could stop by Brad's because he seems to have the worlds supply of anything Argosy in his workshop
And when Bella gets here my supply of spare parts will be doubled...
__________________
Air forums # 1674
1974 20' Argosy Motor Home
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels, brake drums, windows & holding tanks left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:04 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member
 
1977 20' Argosy 20
Arlington , Texas
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 101
I only wish there is "A" place where Argosy parts were available. If it were not for the Internet, finding and obtaining parts and pieces would be a significant challenge. To think of it, it is a challenge as it is.

Providing some "heads up" might bring some assistance from forum members for locating parts while you are here.

By the way if you drive from Miami to San Francisco without stopping to see anything is about a five to six day drive. Three weeks will a fun trip. Have a great trip.
Gregg
__________________
GWallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:18 PM   #6
Keen amature
 
martin300662's Avatar

 
1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWallace View Post
I only wish there is "A" place where Argosy parts were available. If it were not for the Internet, finding and obtaining parts and pieces would be a significant challenge. To think of it, it is a challenge as it is.

Providing some "heads up" might bring some assistance from forum members for locating parts while you are here.

By the way if you drive from Miami to San Francisco without stopping to see anything is about a five to six day drive. Three weeks will a fun trip. Have a great trip.
Gregg
Retailers like Amazon and RockAuto will allow you to buy online with a UK card and nominate a US delivery address. For example recently Nick (Boom Sounds) purchased and had all the parts to rebuild his ignition and TBI delivered to my place, for me to ship on. Shipping from US to UK is expensive but if you are collecting and carrying home it is easier to just get parts purchased and delivered somewhere rather than going to a store.
__________________
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:46 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member
 
In Cornwall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 32
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin300662 View Post
Most mechanical parts are purchased from online stores (like RockAuto) now Beverley, although there are a few national chains (NAPA, O'Reilly's, APS, Autozone) who can get parts in within a day or so if you visit the counter.

Your best bet would be to buy online and have the delivery where you can collect en route.

Alternatively you could stop by Brad's because he seems to have the worlds supply of anything Argosy in his workshop
Brilliant thank you Martin ��
__________________
In Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:47 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member
 
In Cornwall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 32
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Sounds View Post
Are you talking about Airstream parts or chassis parts, or both?

Nick, Oxford
Hi Nick

Sorry should have been more specific - Airstream parts ��
__________________
In Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:49 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member
 
In Cornwall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 32
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWallace View Post
I only wish there is "A" place where Argosy parts were available. If it were not for the Internet, finding and obtaining parts and pieces would be a significant challenge. To think of it, it is a challenge as it is.

Providing some "heads up" might bring some assistance from forum members for locating parts while you are here.

By the way if you drive from Miami to San Francisco without stopping to see anything is about a five to six day drive. Three weeks will a fun trip. Have a great trip.
Gregg
Thanks Gregg

We're really looking forward to it ������
__________________
In Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 03:13 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member
 
Roquefort's Avatar

 
1975 29' Ambassador
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Grefrath/ Germany , NRW
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 195
Hey "In Cornwall"!
Harvey looks wonderfull!
I have EXACLTY the same rig here, i bought it 15 years ago, with NO knowledge about and it's still here on my lot. (mostly gutted...!)
I have approx. ALL parts of it still stored, interior was in "nice" mustard-yellow! The tranny is no more there, Engine is. I will happily "sell" it for a "symbolic" price, if you can use it.
We will never again (😢&#128546 have a 24 Argosy, i am prozd and happy about our "Bangles", so let's get in touch!
Check the Thread "the adventures of Bangles in Europe", my Friend Peter started this a year ago, you might get an idea about us!
Congrates again for HARVEY!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums!
__________________
Roquefort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:43 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member
 
Roquefort's Avatar

 
1975 29' Ambassador
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Grefrath/ Germany , NRW
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 195
Hey,
forgot to gell you, we have a great and "handsome" dealer for us parts here in Germany, called "RICO parts". We biught some very specific parts from him, he was quick, affordable and allways friendly. Very good servive, i can highly recomend.
see the website:
https://www.usparts-shop.de/
For service i can recomend
"Truckshop-Lüneburg", very good knowledge about US Motorhomes, owner Yasar Gören is a smart guy, sometimes stressed, but very helpfull.
great service in his repairshop, fair rates. his website is:
http://www.truckshop.de/
Most of the P30 parts are still available, not sooo expensive.
If needed, i have a set of brake pads (new!) still here.
Happy travels!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums!
__________________

__________________
Roquefort is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
110 outlets cracked dmadam Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar 1 09-15-2006 04:45 PM
All 120 outlets are dead LI Pets Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar 4 09-10-2006 09:02 PM
Missing Electrical Outlets gklott 2001 - 2005 Classic 2 04-21-2004 02:03 PM
warm outlets markus Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar 5 11-29-2003 05:06 PM
Use household 110 Outlets? mcostanzo Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar 5 06-26-2003 11:30 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.