Old 06-20-2016, 02:25 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Outlets for Argosy parts

Hi Argosy guys and gals,

We are totally loving Harvey, our 24ft 1977 Argosy RV, and have spent many happy hours in him - travelling up and down the UK towing our 1956 Chevy Gasser to the drag races and joining friends camping nearby in Cornwall. He always attracts plenty of attention and admiring 'thumbs up' and smiles wherever we go.

Chris and I will be visiting the USA in January next year, for our 10th Anniversary, and will be flying into Miami and out of San Fransisco three weeks later after a big road trip in between.

We want to take advantage of being in Harvey's homeland to stock up on some bits for him...

Can any of you recommend some places we can visit where we can buy Argosy spare/replacement parts?Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1466450725.055383.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	264846

Yours hoping you can help...

Beverly Hill

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Old 06-20-2016, 02:38 PM   #2
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Cornwall View Post
Hi Argosy guys and gals,

We are totally loving Harvey, our 24ft 1977 Argosy RV, and have spent many happy hours in him - travelling up and down the UK towing our 1956 Chevy Gasser to the drag races and joining friends camping nearby in Cornwall. He always attracts plenty of attention and admiring 'thumbs up' and smiles wherever we go.

Chris and I will be visiting the USA in January next year, for our 10th Anniversary, and will be flying into Miami and out of San Fransisco three weeks later after a big road trip in between.

We want to take advantage of being in Harvey's homeland to stock up on some bits for him...

Can any of you recommend some places we can visit where we can buy Argosy spare/replacement parts?Attachment 264846

Yours hoping you can help...

Beverly Hill

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Most mechanical parts are purchased from online stores (like RockAuto) now Beverley, although there are a few national chains (NAPA, O'Reilly's, APS, Autozone) who can get parts in within a day or so if you visit the counter.

Your best bet would be to buy online and have the delivery where you can collect en route.

Alternatively you could stop by Brad's because he seems to have the worlds supply of anything Argosy in his workshop

Old 06-20-2016, 04:00 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1991 25' Airstream 250
Oxford , Oxfordshire
Are you talking about Airstream parts or chassis parts, or both?

Nick, Oxford
Old 06-20-2016, 04:25 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin300662 View Post
....Alternatively you could stop by Brad's because he seems to have the worlds supply of anything Argosy in his workshop
And when Bella gets here my supply of spare parts will be doubled...
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:04 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Arlington , Texas
I only wish there is "A" place where Argosy parts were available. If it were not for the Internet, finding and obtaining parts and pieces would be a significant challenge. To think of it, it is a challenge as it is.

Providing some "heads up" might bring some assistance from forum members for locating parts while you are here.

By the way if you drive from Miami to San Francisco without stopping to see anything is about a five to six day drive. Three weeks will a fun trip. Have a great trip.
Gregg
Old 06-20-2016, 05:18 PM   #6
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWallace View Post
I only wish there is "A" place where Argosy parts were available. If it were not for the Internet, finding and obtaining parts and pieces would be a significant challenge. To think of it, it is a challenge as it is.

Providing some "heads up" might bring some assistance from forum members for locating parts while you are here.

By the way if you drive from Miami to San Francisco without stopping to see anything is about a five to six day drive. Three weeks will a fun trip. Have a great trip.
Gregg
Retailers like Amazon and RockAuto will allow you to buy online with a UK card and nominate a US delivery address. For example recently Nick (Boom Sounds) purchased and had all the parts to rebuild his ignition and TBI delivered to my place, for me to ship on. Shipping from US to UK is expensive but if you are collecting and carrying home it is easier to just get parts purchased and delivered somewhere rather than going to a store.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:46 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin300662 View Post
Most mechanical parts are purchased from online stores (like RockAuto) now Beverley, although there are a few national chains (NAPA, O'Reilly's, APS, Autozone) who can get parts in within a day or so if you visit the counter.

Your best bet would be to buy online and have the delivery where you can collect en route.

Alternatively you could stop by Brad's because he seems to have the worlds supply of anything Argosy in his workshop
Brilliant thank you Martin ��
Old 06-21-2016, 12:47 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Sounds View Post
Are you talking about Airstream parts or chassis parts, or both?

Nick, Oxford
Hi Nick

Sorry should have been more specific - Airstream parts ��
Old 06-21-2016, 12:49 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWallace View Post

Gregg
Thanks Gregg

We're really looking forward to it ������
Old 08-13-2016, 03:13 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

1975 29' Ambassador
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Grefrath/ Germany , NRW
Hey "In Cornwall"!
Harvey looks wonderfull!
I have EXACLTY the same rig here, i bought it 15 years ago, with NO knowledge about and it's still here on my lot. (mostly gutted...!)
I have approx. ALL parts of it still stored, interior was in "nice" mustard-yellow! The tranny is no more there, Engine is. I will happily "sell" it for a "symbolic" price, if you can use it.
We will never again (😢&#128546 have a 24 Argosy, i am prozd and happy about our "Bangles", so let's get in touch!
Check the Thread "the adventures of Bangles in Europe", my Friend Peter started this a year ago, you might get an idea about us!
Congrates again for HARVEY!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums!
Old 08-13-2016, 04:43 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member

1975 29' Ambassador
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Grefrath/ Germany , NRW
Hey,
forgot to gell you, we have a great and "handsome" dealer for us parts here in Germany, called "RICO parts". We biught some very specific parts from him, he was quick, affordable and allways friendly. Very good servive, i can highly recomend.
see the website:
https://www.usparts-shop.de/
For service i can recomend
"Truckshop-Lüneburg", very good knowledge about US Motorhomes, owner Yasar Gören is a smart guy, sometimes stressed, but very helpfull.
great service in his repairshop, fair rates. his website is:
http://www.truckshop.de/
Most of the P30 parts are still available, not sooo expensive.
If needed, i have a set of brake pads (new!) still here.
Happy travels!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums!