Old 05-30-2016, 02:58 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1977 24' Argosy 24
SW Florida , Florida
New Fridge Recommendations, 3-Way, 48" Tall

Happy Memorial Day to all! I spent mine pulling out the dead fridge in the 24' MH after removing GOBS of rubber caulking that surrounded it. Finally T.O.M. brought me a sawzall - great tool! I cut through all that gunk, yanked and yanked and then we got the fridge out. It had 5/8" plywood screwed onto both sides, so we removed that and the doors. Now we can lift it and get it the heck out. It is lying in the yard for now. We kept the door panels, drawers and door shelves. Inside shelves were rusty.

We really don't want a new fridge larger than 48 inches tall by 24 inches wide. We want a 3-way. Any recommendations? Neither Ebay nor Camping World have what we want in size.

Thank you, as always, for all the info and your time.

Elisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 03:46 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
There is a 12 volt marine compressor type that I would consider if I had to buy another frig. Sorry I don't have a name but have seen them installed and they are much better coolers than the absorption types. That coupled with some solar should do the trick.
2004 Excursion 4x4
1991 34 ft. Excella +220,000 miles, new laminated flooring, new upholstery, new 3200 lbs axles

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search