Old 08-07-2015, 06:27 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Something that occurred to me after I posted was if the tray has to be fabricated then the second set of angle irons can be eliminated by having the sides of the tray be extended upwards an inch or two. Something to consider by anyone that has a generator with no tray. No reason to add complexity if you don't need to!

Brad

bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 03:36 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

Wow, Chris and Beverly, you just joined last year and you're already looking for your second motorhome? I don't know what that says about you, but I think I like you already!

I have a '74 Argosy 24' side bath that I think I'm about to sell. I've done tons of stuff to it but it still needs cosmetics. You can search my posts and see evidence of some of my projects.

Among other things, it has a low-mileage crate 502 with Howell FI system, full Banks stainless steel exhaust, HTH hydraulic leveling system, modified 12v power system using 2 giant 6-volt golf car batteries, UPS charging and AC inverter system, captain's chairs replaced with Nissan Maxima power leather buckets, Honda 6KW generator, steering stabilizer, HD springs, Velvac power outside mirrors, Ambruso curtains, Adohen power roof vent, and lots more I can't think of right now.

PM me if you want more information and pix. I'm in the Nashville, TN area. I've had it started recently and moved it a bit, so I feel confident it would be driveable to wherever.

Bob in Nashville

Old 08-21-2015, 08:51 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1974 20' Argosy 20
San Diego , California
1978 26' San Diego Craigs List just listed a few days ago. Needs a tranny but looks to be a deal to me. Owner sounds knowledgeable and honest. Good luck!
Old 08-21-2015, 09:05 AM   #32
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsurfs View Post
1978 26' San Diego Craigs List just listed a few days ago. Needs a tranny but looks to be a deal to me. Owner sounds knowledgeable and honest. Good luck!
If you mean this one (Airstream RV or guest bed/office!) it seems rich for a non-running, loads of things needed fixing, Argosy (even it painted and with Airstream badges attached). I paid under $3K for a running working 1978 28ft to use as a donor.

But like most things....its worth what someone will pay
Old 08-24-2015, 01:20 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

San Duego blue Argosy

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin300662 View Post
If you mean this one (Airstream RV or guest bed/office!) it seems rich for a non-running, loads of things needed fixing, Argosy (even it painted and with Airstream badges attached). I paid under $3K for a running working 1978 28ft to use as a donor.

But like most things....its worth what someone will pay
I agree - a shame but I don't think he'll sell it as it is for that price... Not to us anyway
Old 10-05-2015, 05:26 PM   #34
2 Rivet Member

Geismar , Louisiana
This is a really nice 24ft Argosy but a little high priced. I think you can tell they took care of it by the look of things but you never know until you check it out yourself.

1976 Airstream Argosy Motorhome
Old 10-06-2015, 01:36 AM   #35
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danec020 View Post
This is a really nice 24ft Argosy but a little high priced. I think you can tell they took care of it by the look of things but you never know until you check it out yourself.

1976 Airstream Argosy Motorhome
Thanks for letting us know - it looks in great shape ��
Old 10-06-2015, 05:41 AM   #36
3 Rivet Member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Austin , Texas
Dang, that's nice. can't imagine what a full (nicely done) repaint costs on one of these. Doesn't look overpriced in my book considering the work done.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:39 PM   #37

Currently Looking...
1975 20' Argosy 20
Tarzana , California
Well, being a newbie here I first want to say hi to everyone. Especially Brad! Amazing work and post. Wow. And the Martin rebuild... Amazing. But I digress.

To the point, I have been looking for sometime and found an ad I responded to that seemed to be old. https://sites.google.com/site/rikbeeson/home , After I responded, he contacted me to let me know the 28' was sold but his 24' was available. It's in Oregon.

I have since found a unique 20' that would better suit our purposes. Just love 'em.

Hope you find what you want.

I hope this works out.

Grump
Old 11-16-2015, 12:48 PM   #38
2 Rivet Member

Geismar , Louisiana
I don't know if this one is too big for your needs but it looks to be an awesome condition 28 footer. Would be a great original to keep/restore if you're in to those things. Price is very reasonable too.

Time capsule Airstream motorhome

-Dane
Old 11-16-2015, 01:21 PM   #39
2 Rivet Member

Geismar , Louisiana
Sorry, would have edited my last post but it was too long after. I also just stumbled across these. (I am looking for a 20ft Argosy, thus these finds.)

Motorhome Airstream Argosy 28'

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/rvs/5311039722.html

-Dane
Old 11-19-2015, 02:33 AM   #40
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpydude View Post
Well, being a newbie here I first want to say hi to everyone. Especially Brad! Amazing work and post. Wow. And the Martin rebuild... Amazing. But I digress.

To the point, I have been looking for sometime and found an ad I responded to that seemed to be old. https://sites.google.com/site/rikbeeson/home , After I responded, he contacted me to let me know the 28' was sold but his 24' was available. It's in Oregon.

I have since found a unique 20' that would better suit our purposes. Just love 'em.

Hope you find what you want.

I hope this works out.

Grump
Thanks Grumpydude, I've messaged them and the 24 is for sale, we're just waiting for some pics and a price ��
Old 11-19-2015, 02:34 AM   #41
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danec020 View Post
Sorry, would have edited my last post but it was too long after. I also just stumbled across these. (I am looking for a 20ft Argosy, thus these finds.)

Motorhome Airstream Argosy 28'

1976 Airstream Argosy 28

-Dane
Thanks Dane, we're checking them out �� Beverly
Old 11-19-2015, 05:55 AM   #42
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpydude View Post
Grump
Grump, somehow I missed your original post. Thanks for the complement! I couldn't agree more about Martin's rebuild. I like his rebuild/remodel so much I've changed course and will be following a similar path as I work towards finishing mine.

He's certainly set the bar rather high

Brad

bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote