Old 11-08-2018, 10:12 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

Jeffersonville , Indiana
Price for prep and re-lining of fuel tank. $425. Just a start to the money pit.

chevy2man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:59 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Sadly, that sucking sound you hear is coming from the general vicinity of your wallet...and it's not the sound of your wallet inhaling money...quite the opposite.

Do be sure to replace every last bit of fuel lines with material rated for gas containing alcohol--the older hoses deteriorate rapidly with "corn gas" and have destroyed some really nice old Airstream motorhomes. You are right to work on the fuel system first!

2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:35 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy2man View Post
Price for prep and re-lining of fuel tank. $425. Just a start to the money pit.
It cost me $450 to have a custom 50 gallon tank built for my 20' Argosy. You might look into that option if you want a larger tank.
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:54 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

Jeffersonville , Indiana
I might have some leftover braided Teflon from when I went to dual Bosch 044 pumps on my Toyota Supra turbo. If not, the Parker store is close.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:01 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

Jeffersonville , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkahler View Post
It cost me $450 to have a custom 50 gallon tank built for my 20' Argosy. You might look into that option if you want a larger tank.

I might look at that option later if I decide to repower it at some point. Daydreaming about Duramax w/Allison combination.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:08 PM   #34
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy2man View Post
I might look at that option later if I decide to repower it at some point. Daydreaming about Duramax w/Allison combination.
Keep dreaming! Trying to assimilate the Duramax electronic nannies and sensors into your Argosy is almost impossible; you'll have error codes and it'll go into limp home mode every 50 miles; which is what happened to the other guy that swapped a Duramax.

Keep it simple is my moto. I'm going with a 12 valve Cummins; basically needs three wires to run; a positive, ground and relay wire to the starter; no computers, sensors or other crap. A Cummins will run for a long time.

Cheers
Sidekick Tony

Its a recession when your neighbor loses his job; its a depression when you lose your own. "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:57 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member

Jeffersonville , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isuzusweet View Post
Keep dreaming! Trying to assimilate the Duramax electronic nannies and sensors into your Argosy is almost impossible; you'll have error codes and it'll go into limp home mode every 50 miles; which is what happened to the other guy that swapped a Duramax.

Keep it simple is my moto. I'm going with a 12 valve Cummins; basically needs three wires to run; a positive, ground and relay wire to the starter; no computers, sensors or other crap. A Cummins will run for a long time.

Cheers

Sidekick Tony

I would go stand-alone ecu and harness. Ive done it on my 1994 Toyota Supra turbo and tuned it to make 500whp on pump gas (93 octane). Car runs and drives like stock unless you get a heavy right foot. trying to swap factory harness and all sensors into a different vehicle without the ability to actually control VATS and other systems would be a major headache. Its doable as long as there is room physically for the drivetrain. Dirty Hooker diesel and a few others sell stand alone harnesses for the Duramax/Allison drivetrain to swap into just about anything and do it without a ton of problems.