Well alot has changed from my last post including our maiden voyage! Here's the rundown.
Not sure if I mentioned this before but we tried upgrading the old quadrajet carb to a throttle body injection kit. To sum up an excruciatingly long and expensive story we are now back to a new Holly carb and electronic fuel pump and it works great! Right out of the box it was literally slapped on in a couple hours and immediately ran perfect! all we had to do was adjust the idle speed. Here are some pics of the "Professional Products Powerjection 3" kit. We went thought 3 of these kits with each one having an issue, 3 strikes and your out I say! A new intake plenum was used because the height changed with the Fuel injection kit. Im still using this with the new holly carb.
You can also see how we insulated the doghouse cover. There was no insulation and the heat buildup and noise was terrible. Adding this made a HUGE difference. We used a spray glue which initially worked but later started to fall off. We have since then used some large washers and self tapping screws to secure it.
Installed new front brake pads and lines overall.
installed new carpet tiles in the Moho, not exactly the color we wanted so we might redo it but it works for now. Did that in about a day and the doghouse took a day as well.
Cleaned the water tank, what a job. Did what everyone said using bleach. Then all these black bits of crap kept coming through the system. MANY tanks later there are still a few black bits that come through but we can live with it. I think because nobody drained the tank for a couple years all the black goo just grew in there. FYI also used a half cup of dishwasher powder. That really worked well after a few days of sloshing around.
Noticed that there the transmission has NO kick down switch. Going up a large hill fully loaded I was just waiting and waiting and waattiiingggg for the trans to down shift but no luck. I did it manually and then stopped at a service station. Guy looked under gas pedal and said there was no switch there, guess I have to hunt that down! Also developed a trans leak on our first trip. Discovered that I apparently was never really getting the trans hot because when looking at the dipstick after hauling with a full load I noticed it was WAY overfilled therefore it was spilling out. Note to all, check trans fluid after a fully loaded pull uphill to put some real heat into the trans. The leak eventually stopped and I took out a pint when I got back so all is well.
Cleaned the steering wheel as per someones advice. Used the non water based hand cleaner and it worked great, for a while
A month later its getting sticky again.
Replaced all window seals and schledge. Schledge was easier than I thought but the vertical seals were a bitch! Left a few out due to difficulty. The outer rain seal also docent fit all that great and ends up being a rain catch! Got it from Inland RV and am wondering if its the right stuff. They also didnt send me the right amount for all my windows. If you order from them I suggest you measure exactly how much you get. I was short 3 Side windows and more! Ii have yet to call them on this.
More in next post....