I really hate to admit this......
My light problem was just a aux battery very low on water.
What I am wondering about....since that battery is almost new....is it a problem to leave my external power plugged in all the time. I thought the univolt system would just drop off to nothing when the battery was fully charged. It appears to me this isn't the case and it is overcharging the battery...with the results it boils the water out.
Thanks for all your help...you actually did lead me to the problem