Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Argosy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2017, 03:03 AM   #101
Rivet Master

1984 27' Airstream 270
Scotia , New York
My headliner is back installed and all the parts reinstalled.
If there were replacements, I would have been bolder on the removal attempt. If I broke it beyond repair without a replacement, it would be one big ugly spot on the MH.

I looked at the countdown to kick off images, if I ever do get ambition or desperation to try again I will try your method.
How does that Tostitos glue work anyway?

If it ever came to having to duplicate it, I think I would try using 1" thick exterior insulation board that they use on houses. Using a 3D CAD program I could cut the foam into tiles (Like the Space Shuttle heat shield) glue them into place and then find some filler material to smooth the seams and then cover with fabric. You loose the contour for the visors but it would be light and have good sound deadening.
But that would be assuming I was desperate and ambitious. At the moment, I am neither, I am happy it went back in without cracking more.
WayneG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:38 AM   #102
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Sounds like another item (like the banana wraps) which we need to get moulded so suitable replacements are available.
martin300662 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 04:35 PM   #103
Rivet Master

1979 24' Airstream Excella 24
Tipp City , Ohio
Update on the 3M sealant

It's been 2 years and 10,000 miles since I resealed my windshield with the 3m sealant I used in post #46 above. The results were excellent, I highly recommend that procedure and the 3M sealant.
Greg
Gregsch is offline   Reply With Quote