Old 02-06-2006, 08:23 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member
1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
malden , Massachusetts
argosy motor home

Hi I'm new in here and hopefully this is where I should be.... Anyway I have a 1978 argosy 28 foot space ship Ya Ya love at first site etc. etc. Now to my question..... It seems that the bulkhead in the center (where the door goes to the rear room) has broken away from the rib or body (not sure of actual terms ).... the rivets are streached and broken along the top of the arch ...... My thoughts are to put in some kind of spreader into the doorway and push open the doorway till the arch closes again and put in new rivets where they fit and mabey drill a couple of holes and install new rivets........anyone out there that has any feedback I would LOVE to hear any.............. I won't be pleased if I start blowing holes thru roof or crushing the door and bulkhead or some other stupid thing that I know I'm capable of...........looking for argosy angel any available ?? thanks in advance Rod MAc Donald

roderickm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:07 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Hello Rod and welcome to the forums. You are always at the right place when on the forums but there is a special section just for Argosy Motor Homes. There are a lot of fellow Argosy owners. Actually all of our coaches are very similar. I am really not sure where you have the break. Is it where you have the accordion door or the bathroom door? Is it on the ceiling, the center section, or are you talking about one of the overhead cabinets coming down. Pictures are a great help. Many of us have fixed a lot of breaks and falling down things and I don't want you to put a hole through your roof before someone has a chance to give you a good answer.

Chaplain Kent
1994 30' Excella 1000, Chummy III- Ford Excursion- 7.3 Turbo-diesel
Chaplain Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:35 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
Hi Rod,
As an after thought, try posting your question on the airstream motorhome forums.
sometimes we don't check this argosy forum as much and the coaches are pretty simular
George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:57 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
The doorway to the bedroom area in mine is not connected to the exterior frame area it has its own frame, held togther with screws. I have had to tighten and replace these to kkep it tight, not sure if this is what you have or not.
1966 Overlander
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:37 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member
1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
malden , Massachusetts
Ya know I've been looking at the bulkhead again and I was worried because I had a LOT of noise and racket coming from that part of the home when I hit a bump . B U T on looking further I found that a couple of the attachments on the electric cook stove had broken and when removing the stove I heard some of the some noises.......... I may have done the beginers biggest mistake and thought of the worst. And MABEY I can hope for the best now...... were snowed in with the big BIG snow storm of 2006 here in and around Boston.... so I'll get it going later and try to see if My fears were unfounded. Rod
roderickm3 is offline   Reply With Quote