Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Argosy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-08-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
los Angeles , California
Send a message via AIM to MuthaMustard Send a message via Yahoo to MuthaMustard Send a message via Skype™ to MuthaMustard
Question Any Argosy Motorhomes in Los Angeles??

Hello everyone, well our love for the Argosy does not cease to amaze me.

We are still looking into purchasing an Argosy MH but it dawned on me the other day that my husband may not fit in it. He is 6'5" and I am looking for someone in our area who would be willing to let us look at their Argosy to see if in fact one might work for us or if there would be a lot of headaches not due to engine problems but actual head bumping.

We will more than likely be purchasing one from out of state and may not be seeing it until we pick it up. Of course we will get it all checked out in that area, but how will we know if he is too tall unless we have him stand in one.

Any help with this would be great.

Thanks so much in advance.
please email me at oritelevy@yahoo.com
MuthaMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

We are in the SF Bay Area, so can't help you with a physical example of an Argosy to try, but I wanted to just provide a little info. My spouse too, is 6'5", and that is one of the reasons (there are many more) that we sought out an Argosy/Airstream. He can stand up in it (in the isle anyway). We checked out a few of the GMs and they were too short. Ours is a 24' 1978 Argosy MH that we refurbished back in 1997. It is still serving us well. Ours doesn't have a bed, so can't help you with info there wrt bed length. We were "stuck" with the sofa/bed combo (no bedroom in our model) and we replaced the forward couch with a couch/bed that we purchased from CampingWorld. It works fine for us.
Belle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
head room, height specs