Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
MrJ
3 Rivet Member

1976 28' Argosy 28
Dallas , Texas
'76 outside doors - weather strip?

Do the outside doors on the 76 Argosy have some type of weather strip on them? If so, what does it look like. If someone can send/attach pictures that would be great.

My doors are bent and were taken off when I got the MH.
MrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:26 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Are you still looking for an answer to this? I was browsing threads since I had some free time this new year's morning and noticed no replies here. When I get home later today I can take a picture of the weatherstripping on my '77's lower doors if you still need feedback.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1977 31' Excella 500
plano , Texas
On the Airstream line they changed some time around that timeframe. My 77 model has the bottom left and my buddy has the top right (I think his is a 75). The picture is from Our of Doors Mart. Link is below.

-thomas

Seals and Trim : Out-of-Doors Mart!, More Airstream Parts on-line than anyone!
Attached Images

tschat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschat View Post
On the Airstream line they changed some time around that timeframe. My 77 model has the bottom left and my buddy has the top right (I think his is a 75). The picture is from Our of Doors Mart. Link is below.

-thomas
I assume you're referring to a trailer? This thread is referring motor homes. The weatherstripping for the lower doors are different than for trailers.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJ View Post
Do the outside doors on the 76 Argosy have some type of weather strip on them? If so, what does it look like. If someone can send/attach pictures that would be great.

My doors are bent and were taken off when I got the MH.
The access doors in that year used the same gasket as the entrance door, namely triangular shaped.

It's available from parts stocking dealers.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #6
MrJ
3 Rivet Member

1976 28' Argosy 28
Dallas , Texas
pix

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
Are you still looking for an answer to this? I was browsing threads since I had some free time this new year's morning and noticed no replies here. When I get home later today I can take a picture of the weatherstripping on my '77's lower doors if you still need feedback.

That would be awesome! I've been waiting many months for a picture.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #7
MrJ
3 Rivet Member

1976 28' Argosy 28
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
I assume you're referring to a trailer? This thread is referring motor homes. The weatherstripping for the lower doors are different than for trailers.

Motorhome
Old 01-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJ View Post
That would be awesome! I've been waiting many months for a picture.
Here's the door open at my propane tank. There is a piece of weatherstrip going up each side (only right side shown). There is a piece of the same weatherstrip running along the top of the door (seen toward the bottom of the picture near the latch). The weather strip is about 3/4" wide and maybe 3/16" thick. Mind you, this is I don't know how many years old, so it's likely compressed with age. The door shuts and latches quite tight, though.

As Andy mentioned previously, his records show that the door seals should be the same triangular seal that's used on the entry door to the motorhome. The stuff on mine is clearly not that. If such were present, the storage doors wouldn't close. I checked other storage compartment doors and they had the same seals. Perhaps there was a change from your '76 to my '77. Take a look at your doors sealing area and see if it makes sense for something about 3/16" thick to fill the gap. On the motorhome side of things, there is a small ridge which makes a channel just wide enough for the weatherstrip to fit in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020677 (Small).JPG
Views:	132
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	148108