Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Argosy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-19-2019, 10:47 AM   #1
Sweatpants

1975 26' Argosy 26
Shenandoah , Iowa
75 need Argosy MH front hood latches

I see I am not the first that had mechanic break the latches, if anyone has any ideas about a source for these latches I sure would appreciate it. One is needed and two would be better, think a spare is a good idea. Can’t send a picture as coach is still at the shop. Is there any alternative latch that would work? Thanks.
Sweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:45 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweatpants View Post
I see I am not the first that had mechanic break the latches, if anyone has any ideas about a source for these latches I sure would appreciate it. One is needed and two would be better, think a spare is a good idea. Can’t send a picture as coach is still at the shop. Is there any alternative latch that would work? Thanks.
I'm not 100% certain but I think the hood latches are the same as the entry door hold back latches.

Main Door Hold Back Latch Airstream

Main Door Hold Back Latch Housing

Depending on how badly the shop mangled the originals you would likely need two of each.

Hope this helps.

Brad
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:55 AM   #3
Sweatpants

1975 26' Argosy 26
Shenandoah , Iowa
Thumbs up Hood latches for Argosy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkahler View Post
I'm not 100% certain but I think the hood latches are the same as the entry door hold back latches.

Main Door Hold Back Latch Airstream

Main Door Hold Back Latch Housing

Depending on how badly the shop mangled the originals you would likely need two of each.

Hope this helps.

Brad
I think these will be perfect, I appreciate the link very much also. I had searched this store but hood latch did not net a hit. I would never have found these. I ordered two even though one of originals is still useable. As it turns out, I don’t have an exterior door hold back latch either. The timing is perfect as I get free shipping today!!! I hope they arrive in time for the mechanic to install them, he is a good guy and I doubt he will charge for repairing them. You were extremely helpful Brad and I thank you so much.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:22 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweatpants View Post
I think these will be perfect, I appreciate the link very much also. I had searched this store but hood latch did not net a hit. I would never have found these. I ordered two even though one of originals is still useable. As it turns out, I don’t have an exterior door hold back latch either. The timing is perfect as I get free shipping today!!! I hope they arrive in time for the mechanic to install them, he is a good guy and I doubt he will charge for repairing them. You were extremely helpful Brad and I thank you so much.
Good deal. Let us know how it works out. One of mine is showing its age so I might as well replace it.

Brd
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:08 PM   #5
Sweatpants

1975 26' Argosy 26
Shenandoah , Iowa
75 Argosy hood latches

Update:
Got my coach back and you were right the door hold back latches worked perfectly. As a FYI this does not include the latch release that is attached to the engine compartment itself, if anyone needs that part, will have to find another source.
Thank you so much. One more thing off the list ✅