1976 Front Grill Repair
I've been repairing the front grill on my 76 Argosy '28. It is cracked in many places.. All kinds of stress cracks and the plastic has gotten brittle over time.
I'm using JB Wield to repair with good results.
1. Sand with 50 grit sand paper
2. Clean with 91% Alcohol
3. Clamp and bend grill so that the cracks are joined
4. Use compressed air to blow area off
5. Mix JB Wield - wait 15 minutes for it to cure a little bit (Texas 100F) less runny
6. Spread JB Wield on cracked area
7. Wait 15 hours for JB Wield epoxy to cure
I did try the 4 hour JB Wield product and it cracked. I don't think it's as good in high stress areas.
I have also used the aluminum tape. (for HVAC work) It will tape the parts together assuming clamps don't work completely.
I will update this thread when I have more pix, etc.