Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2010, 01:04 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Hyde Park Place , Ohio
There is an Airstream dealership in Buda (south of Austin) but they're not so great with the vintage Airstreams, and priced in the "premium" range.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Talk to Chris at Bob Jones RV. First time I took my 72 there last year there were several vintage streams on the lot getting work done. I knew I was at the right place. They just did my shocks, axles and some wood trim work inside.
last year they replaced the plastic sink and brakes.
RichHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #23
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Park View Post
There is an Airstream dealership in Buda (south of Austin) but they're not so great with the vintage Airstreams, and priced in the "premium" range.
The one in Buda is Camper Clinic... I would most definitely go to North Dallas RV or Roger Williams Chrysler-Dodge (they sell & work on A/S).

FWIW, I have had work done at Camper Clinic and not only did they charge “premium prices” (the cost was actually shocking), they didn’t do what was supposed to be done. They forgot to tighten the lugs on the wheels after putting them back on (fortunately I stopped for diesel not far from them and checked 'em - almost had a heart attack as the lugs were finger tight !!) and they had cracked open the skylight in the salon which I had to replace in Arkansas (Airstream of Arkansas came through with flying colors!). One of my propane tanks was also empty, both of which had been filled 3 mos. prior and not used - wondered why they asked me if I needed my tanks filled...

When I called from a campground listing these issues (among others that I found only once at the campground), in a very polite manner and asked if they could order me a new skylight for me to install, they couldn’t be bothered - said that I had already left the shop so they were not responsible. I have had bad service before but that time, at the dealership where I had bought the ‘Stream, they truly took ‘bad service’ to a new level. This was a couple of years ago and I never went back.

I have heard quite a few similar stories and one fellow said “I wouldn’t even go there to have them air up a tire”...
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Hyde Park Place , Ohio
I can only infer that their prices are so high because they get so little repeat business?
Old 08-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #25
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
ROGER WILLIAMS out of A/S.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote