Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2006, 05:44 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
quitman , Louisiana
Wink New To You-- Greek To Me- Ceiling Help

Ok, How Are You All- New Member Here- Karen And Joe Williams From Quitman, Louisiana-- Or Thereabouts- Farm Folks- Raise Horses, Cows, And Miniature Donkeys- Have Had My 69 Sovereign For About 2 Weeks Now And Am In The Process Of Interior Redo-- Need Some Ideas On The Ceiling Panel That Runs The Length Of The Trailer-- Is A Formed Plastic Panel Edeged In Metal- 2 Air Units Were Removed And We Now Have One In The Center Of The Unit-- So I Have Metal Showing In The Living Area-- What Could I Replace This With- Have Gone To Inland And No Luck-- Or Maybe They Didn't Know What I Was Talking About-- And What About A Shower Hookup-- We Have Tub - But If I Just Used An Extension Arm Shower Head Am Worried About Electrics- There Is A Light On The Wall - Is Ther A Rounded Shower Curtain Out There And How Would It Be Installed So The Rings Would Go Around It-- Ok As You Can See I Need Help - Will Post Pics Of What We Have Done-- Interior Was All Original But Have Redone In Turquoise And Chocolate Browns--- Am Sewing Away Now--- Also Found I Could Use Extension Rods For Curtains With Clip Rings-- I Wanted To Be Able To Open The Curtains Easily-- My Favorite Thing About My Airstream Is The Wrap Windows In Front And Back-- Would Love Some Ideas Or Pics--- Later-- Karen And Jackassjoe {name Of Our Donkey Farm} = Always Hauling Asses!!!!
artisan765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:01 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
As my agent always said, "I'd like to see you in pictures." Can you get a digital photo of your ceiling area and re-post it to this thread? Thanks.

Welcome to the Forums Karen & Joe!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:14 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
quitman , Louisiana
Arrow

Am Out To Take A Pic Now - Will Put Up Asap So You Can Look And Let Me Know If You Have Solutions-- Thank-- Karen And Joe
Old 07-08-2006, 08:24 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
quitman , Louisiana
Ceiling Repair

Here Is My Problem-- Any Ideas On Repair Or Replacement Material?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAVECEILING 2.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	23317  
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2006, 08:17 AM   #5

1986 29' Sovereign
Dickens , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan765
Ok, How Are You All- New Member Here- Karen And Joe Williams From Quitman, Louisiana-- Or Thereabouts- Farm Folks- Raise Horses, Cows, And Miniature Donkeys- Have Had My 69 Sovereign For About 2 Weeks Now And Am In The Process Of Interior Redo-- Need Some Ideas On The Ceiling Panel That Runs The Length Of The Trailer-- Is A Formed Plastic Panel Edeged In Metal- 2 Air Units Were Removed And We Now Have One In The Center Of The Unit-- So I Have Metal Showing In The Living Area-- What Could I Replace This With- Have Gone To Inland And No Luck-- Or Maybe They Didn't Know What I Was Talking About-- And What About A Shower Hookup-- We Have Tub - But If I Just Used An Extension Arm Shower Head Am Worried About Electrics- There Is A Light On The Wall - Is Ther A Rounded Shower Curtain Out There And How Would It Be Installed So The Rings Would Go Around It-- Ok As You Can See I Need Help - Will Post Pics Of What We Have Done-- Interior Was All Original But Have Redone In Turquoise And Chocolate Browns--- Am Sewing Away Now--- Also Found I Could Use Extension Rods For Curtains With Clip Rings-- I Wanted To Be Able To Open The Curtains Easily-- My Favorite Thing About My Airstream Is The Wrap Windows In Front And Back-- Would Love Some Ideas Or Pics--- Later-- Karen And Jackassjoe {name Of Our Donkey Farm} = Always Hauling Asses!!!!
Hi,
Our '86 Soverign had Acustacord on the cieling, It is a commerical type of wallcovering fabric(has ribs, rather like corduroy). It could be glued on to cover (patched) hole. It's 54" wide, sold by the yard.
swanbl
swanbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:58 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Holly Springs , Mississippi
Karen and Joe,

I read Swanbl's reply which got me to thinking...if you can put fabric on the ceiling, you can put paper up there. There is a British product called Lincrusta that is an extruded foam vinyl wallpaper (the all-plastic version is called Anaglypta). I've used it to cover walls where I took tile off and couldn't take the mastic off -- just papered right over the mastic. I've seen MANY old Victorian houses with Lincrusta on the ceilings because the texture hides a multitude of sins and comes in many patterns. You just prime and paint right over it, so you could color-match it to your existing color scheme (unless you really don't want to...)

I know it gets quite humid inside a camper but I've been in many older homes in the South with no a/c and Lincrusta did just fine, even on the ceiling. I have an old house, and the stuff is a real life-saver over cracked plaster.

Even though most of their patterns are pre-pasted, I'd still use wallpaper paste for a ceiling application and maybe keep the metal edge strips, just to make sure the edges don't peel.

Just a thought....

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Grouco Marx
daveandpamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:50 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Hello,

The Lincrusta sounds like a very "do-able" item. I would also suggest upholstering the roof line... check out interiors of some boats... looks really nice. It is sweaty and humid in boats! So... you could also search at boating places if you are near water.
My 2 cents...

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 05:31 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
As my AS is not the RV typical setup the entire roof and the valances for the indirect florecent lights are covered with Accousticord. This material is almost carpet in quality and acts as a sound dampner too.
If you're looking for authentic AS product to put into your coach then I'd be leaning toward Accousticord.
Best of luck with your redo and welcome to the forums!
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 02:17 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
quitman , Louisiana
thanks- will give it a look see- am headed out to work on it now-- later- k
Old 07-15-2006, 05:29 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Leavenworth , Kansas
Cool Welcome

Karen - Love the colors and love your windows. If I had one thing to wish for it would be that the 67s had those windows. I'm assuming that you have a rear bath. Eubank here on this forum has developed a half circle shower rod, which we plan on using in our AS (once hubby puts bathroom back together). He sent us a picture. If you beg alot, he may send you one too.

Have fun "doing your thing".

67 Sovereign, double bed, rear bath-"Moby"
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi, Quad Cab-"Ahab"
"Vintage trailer, vintage owners"
silver 67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1969 sovereign