Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Sovereign > 1965-1969 Sovereign
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-10-2006, 10:29 PM   #21
Captain Paul

1967 30' Sovereign
Twain Harte , California
Hello, are any of you '67 sovereign owners still out there? I have just aquired a '67 Sovereign and need lots of help in restoration issues.

thanks,
paulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:56 AM   #22
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb
Hello, are any of you '67 sovereign owners still out there? I have just aquired a '67 Sovereign and need lots of help in restoration issues.

thanks,
Yep, I suspect we're all still here!

We got back from our trip with the 67 about a week ago. A couple of surprises. The heater quit again, but that was just the sail switch: Remove heater, remove sail switch, blow out with compressed air, resinstall.

A LOT less welcome was the fairly strong smell of ammonia coming from the back of the fridge. No easy fix, I suspect. Might be time for a new fridge. I mean, you buy a unit with a measly 29 years under its belt, and it craps out after just a decade of use.

Lynn
Old 11-13-2006, 10:34 PM   #23
Captain Paul

1967 30' Sovereign
Twain Harte , California
Hi David in Kansas, I just aquired a '67 Sovereign about a week ago also and have started in on restoring it. I have gone over the electrical system, both 12volt and 110, made some minor repairs and have started in on the propane system. So far I have the furnace up and running, but have not been able to get any further due to missing parts on the range, and this rain which does not seem to be letting up.

What kind of shape is your Sovereign in? Do you think you will be able to completely restore it yourself?

Thank you,

Captain Paul
paulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:42 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
Grantville , Georgia
1967 Sovereign International

Hi, Just joined the forum. My husband & I just bought a 1967 Sovereign International. Needs some TLC (A LOT). We are looking for some parts for her. Window latches, Inside door Latches for cabinets, Single door hinge for entrance door. Front & rear glass (flat 39 1/4"), side curved glass 29 1/4", top vent cover and complete door handle set. Any help will be appericated.

Liz
liz1300s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:39 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

1966 30' Sovereign
Bethany , Illinois
liz,

I own a 66 sovereign International. I should say my wife and I do. We have own ours for a few years, but just joined the Forum a few days ago. Look in the restore/repair forums. The windows won't be cheap to replace, but you can find them. Andy at Inland RV has alot of the parts you are looking for. It takes a special door handle set. Is your bathroom the cool Aqua color or green? Ours is a cream color. The inside cabinet door latches can be found too, about 20 bucks a piece.

Other than one window being replaced with plastic/plexiglass, ours is in quite good condition. Had to get a new A/C unit for it, new water pump, and some minor plumbing repairs. Just took off the old broken rock guard this weekend, and replaced it with plexiglass. Most folks on here will tell you to not use plexiglass, but I am cheap.

Are you going to do lots of restore work to it? If so put lots of pics up, as most folks like that.

good luck
airstream66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:26 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
rock guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream66 View Post
liz,

I own a 66 sovereign International. I should say my wife and I do. We have own ours for a few years, but just joined the Forum a few days ago. Look in the restore/repair forums. The windows won't be cheap to replace, but you can find them. Andy at Inland RV has alot of the parts you are looking for. It takes a special door handle set. Is your bathroom the cool Aqua color or green? Ours is a cream color. The inside cabinet door latches can be found too, about 20 bucks a piece.

Other than one window being replaced with plastic/plexiglass, ours is in quite good condition. Had to get a new A/C unit for it, new water pump, and some minor plumbing repairs. Just took off the old broken rock guard this weekend, and replaced it with plexiglass. Most folks on here will tell you to not use plexiglass, but I am cheap.

Are you going to do lots of restore work to it? If so put lots of pics up, as most folks like that.

good luck
Hey, If you removed the old rock guard do you still have it? If so tell me what you want for it. I would like to re-furbish one to use on my trailer. Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:08 AM   #27
3 Rivet Member

1966 30' Sovereign
Bethany , Illinois
Ed,

It was in no shape to be refurbished. I have lost pieces of it going down the road. It somewhat fell apart when I took it out of the frame. What was left of it was lots of duct tape and caulking.

Cory
Old 09-09-2008, 06:51 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Cory, Okay, I was hoping for an old frame and hinge to bring back to life. Oh well, I will keep on looking. Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:59 AM   #29
3 Rivet Member

1966 30' Sovereign
Bethany , Illinois
Ed,

I re-used the old frame and hinge. It will last for awhile longer.

Tags
1967, 30', sovereign