Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Sovereign > 1965-1969 Sovereign
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-10-2007, 05:37 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
That's great, Ira! Nice work! And yes, good catch on the shocks.

I myself would not want to tow it without the proper hitch, especially in light of all of the recent issues (wrecks, rollovers, etc.) people have been posting about. No one ever plans to perform an avoidance, but if you had to do one abruptly on your one-hour trip you would be in trouble. Brad found a solution on eBay - here's the link: Solid shank drop hitch. This one may not be the right one for you, but maybe the seller would have the right one if it's not.

Hope this helps!

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:36 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
Cogan Station , Pennsylvania
Maiden Voyage

I towed the Sovereign last sunday on an hour and a half trip. WOW, they tow pretty nice I must say. I worried too much, but better to worry than to go at it with over confidence I suppose.

I've asked many questions in the past, however I would like to touch base on one in perticular.

Replacing windows.

Can I use the vulkem to reproduce a rubber window gasket? I believe that Overlander63 already said that I could, but I wanted to make sure that we are talking about the rubber window gasket and not just the permanent seal between window frame and body of the airstream.

On a side note, I did manage to replace both axles comlpete and repair all of the wiring needed for safe and legal towing. I also replaced safety chains, break away switch and installed a new sway control system. Now that the trailer is down at my house, the fixing has begun. First I would like to do the windows and then fix some minor leaks in the ceiling. Boy, I'll tell ya, there is alot to do beyond that.

thanks all,

Ira

**Just cause I'm drive'in through life doesn't mean everyone else is a passenger.

4 Blogs for you to view
https://www.badelson.blogspot.com
badelson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1969 sovereign