Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Sovereign > 1965-1969 Sovereign
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-04-2011, 12:03 AM   #1

1968 30' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
1968 Rear bath plumbing diagram?

I know the thread is a bit old but... I'm a new owner of a 68' and was wondering if somebody had the rear bath pluming diagram? Also she needs a little rewiring in spots so a electric diagram would make my day!

Thanks,
John.
flac123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by flac123 View Post
I know the thread is a bit old but... I'm a new owner of a 68' and was wondering if somebody had the rear bath pluming diagram? Also she needs a little rewiring in spots so a electric diagram would make my day!

Thanks,
John.
Hi John, This from a 1967, but is very close.

Click on the pics to make them big.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream manual 50.jpg
Views:	6766
Size:	333.4 KB
ID:	139369   Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream manual 63.jpg
Views:	1187
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	139370  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream manual 57.jpg
Views:	2099
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	139371  

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #3

1968 30' Sovereign
Currently , Colorado
My Husband and I just got the '68 Sovereign Int Land Yacht in need of some major overhaul. In looking at the diagrams, they are not arranged like our trailer. If there are any diagrams for wiring for our specific model we would love to have them. The previous owner it seems did some remodeling of his own as we have found cut wiring and other things that are not hooked up correctly. We have the rear bath with the water heater kinda under the sink in the bathroom,on the left side,facing the back. The plumbing seems fairly easy to trace and test, though we have some replacing to do there also. The electrical diagram for our model would be most appreciated if someone has it to share. Would ours be similar to the safari, just reversed?
R-and-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Oxford, , Mississippi
On my 68 Trade Wind the 120V breaker box is mounted on the rear curb side with access thru the cabinet under the lavatory. The power cable comes in there and the 120v lines exit from the breaker box to various parts of the trailer. You said that some PO had changed some things so I would just make my own wiring diagram and not rely on how things are "supposed to be". A couple of ways you could do it but here is what I would do. First, flip all the breakers to the off position. Turn one breaker on and then check all the 120V outlets with a voltage checker or just plug in a small 120v lamp into each outlet and see which ones are hot. Turn that breaker off and try another one. On my 68 there were was a breaker for the curb side (and univolt) outlets, one for the street side outlets, and one for the AC.
For the 12 V system, there is a 120 V. line going into the converter (univolt or newer model) and a red and black line coming out of the converter and running to the battery. At the battery there will be 2 red and 2 black wires attached. One red one black from the converter to charge the battery and one pair that run to the "Control Panel" which is essentially the 12 V breaker box. All the 12 v breakers (fuses) are in the Control Panel box and all the 12 v circuits start there. There are several 12V circuits going to lights fixtures and one to the 12V water pump. To check which lines go where out of the box you can disconnect all but one breaker at a time and then turn on lights or use a DVM or 12V test light to see which fixtures are hot with each breaker. The process is easier to do than to describe here but it just takes a little time. Be careful inside the Control Panel if you have the battery connected as touching a hot 12 volt line to the case will get your attention. You can disconnect the battery each time you disconnect a breaker the then hook it back up to check. Just don't let any bare wires touch. Finally mounted on the wall of the trailer next two the 120V box are two old style glass fuses for the 12 Volt lines.
Hope this helps.
68 Trade Wind
2001 Toyota Tundra
68 TWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #5

1968 30' Sovereign
Currently , Colorado
Thanks!

I'm passing this info on to the Hubby. thanks for the suggestion. I know he's got to replace the plug end before we can even start, but this will help with come good ideas for testing it all. I did find an image that seems to have it all in the right places. Maybe this will help someone else too

Old 09-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #6

1968 30' Sovereign
Currently , Colorado
My "thanks for the great info post" didn't seem to go through. So, thanks! and maybe these images I found will help. The layout is exact to our model, but is from the Overlander.
[img=http://s24.postimg.org/7bt057fvl/68_airstream_page_1.jpg]

[img=http://s24.postimg.org/6nk5m9h5t/68_airstream_page_2.jpg]

Tags
1968, 1968 sovereign