Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2017, 07:03 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Atlanta , Georgia
Winter Protection

My freeze protection didn't work last winter: I ended up with damage to various plumbing fixtures... To the fine of nearly $1000. All damage on the port (street) side. Clearly keeping heat on IN the trailer didn't solve the freezing issue. The freezing temperatures from OUTside apparently did the damage.

I'm looking for suggestions. The trailer sits on our driveway. There is no good option for a hard shelter. Anyone have luck with one of those temporary shelters? Xtra large heating pad? I'm at a loss. Any help would be much appreciated.
Belbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:24 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
This is stating the obvious, I am certain, but just winterize. These things are not hard to winterize, that is drain all of the water, blow with some air, or pump some pink in. While you are pretty far South, if you have had freezing problems, you can rest easier with the trailer winterized. If you find you want to use the trailer, just recommission, takes me less than 30 minutes, and off you go.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote