Old 11-26-2016, 12:22 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
We haven't put ours up. At this point I'm glad we didn't, because the "Virtual Caravan" component of their website imploded. Can't find ourselves or anybody else on that page, as their search function has been completely broken for months. If we try to search, it tries to get us to log into some website called "airname.gotchahosting.com."
I think the website is being maintained by some 10th graders as a kind of class project. I've had better luck using Firefox than IE. When it asks you to log into the airname site, keep cancelling until you're back at the page, then scroll down and pick any picture. When the picture displays, click the 'back' button and you'll return to a site that is now using JavaScript. Pictures and name will now be displayed and there is a "more" button at the bottom of the pictures/page. Pressing it will get you more pictures. You can click on any and get the story.

So you can see more of the caravan, but the search is still not working. When we first added ours I could find us, but now I have to keep scrolling and pressing "more" until I see our picture. It's not random because I see many of the same AS pics each time. Before JavaScript is displayed, if you hovered over the pics you could see a URL for "test.name.airstream.com" something. When you start getting the real virtual caravan the name and picture are displayed, name first, or if you hover.

I found the link to our picture. If you know the name you used, you can maybe use this link to find it. Our AS is "Dora" but the name of the picture is different.
http://name.airstream.com/wp-content...0/DSCN1241.JPG Once I opened the page, when I go back and use search, it works, so maybe it's a demand thing. I tried again just now and it didn't find us.

The search, links, JavaScript are all whack. Cancel out if it's asking for a login, then scroll down and keep tinkering with it. I searched for Rocinante but couldn't find it. Good luck, YMMV.

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 05:43 PM   #58
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Love your picture, and agree the site is being "maintained" by folks who have no idea what they are on about. We were quite early registering for the program, and by the dearth of junk mail from Airstream, I have to say it seems quite likely they lost half the database at some point. Maybe I'll give them a call next week to ask about it. Given the mess that website is, I wonder whether they have any actual idea how successful the program has been in getting Airstream owners to register and provide contact info in return for a little medallion and a piece of paper.

"When people show you who they are, believe them the first time." - Maya Angelou

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 11:22 AM   #59
Silver Spud

1975 31' Sovereign
Twin Falls , Idaho
When I registered and received the badge and accompanying documents, I went to the registry and set up my page. Since that time I have only had a couple of occasions, when I directed friends and family to view, that I have had an issue. I just checked it a few minutes ago and it is working fine and my page along with many others are showing.

I'm not certain AS has reached the 500 applicant cut off for the badges. If they have, I think it would be a good idea for AS to extend the badge program or at least offer it for a small fee. It is a great addition to any AS owners' experience.
shadrick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 05:57 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***
Our registration letter is dated 10/03 and we just received the package today ...
There is only the serial number on the documents / medallion but no actual registry number; so, maybe they will extend this offer.
I am not able to even post a photo ... asks for id and password ... nada ...
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 2-dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:41 PM   #61
4 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Clinton , Montana
I put mine here!

.....I find it difficult to understand all the "talk" and what appears to be consternation about this little medallion. I wasn't aware of it's existence until reading this thread. So, following the instructions found in the earlier part of this thread I applied for mine. I forget exactly when it arrived but it didn't take long. I'm glad I got it ...it gives recognition to my little AS's name: "Milley". It wasn't hard to find a place to attach.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	milley-2.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	246.1 KB
ID:	276146  
Rpatrick16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:25 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefly2 View Post
Our registration letter is dated 10/03 and we just received the package today ...
There is only the serial number on the documents / medallion but no actual registry number; so, maybe they will extend this offer.
I am not able to even post a photo ... asks for id and password ... nada ...
mefly2, You need to use your AirForums member name (mefly2) and your Forums password that is tied to that name to log in to the registry site. Then you should be able to post pictures and start a blog with your info. Hope this helps .... ! Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:37 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Tracktown USA , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinDux View Post
I just registered Blue

received ours today. a few days short of 6 weeks

Bob
CruizinDux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:34 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGED52 View Post
mefly2, You need to use your AirForums member name (mefly2) and your Forums password that is tied to that name to log in to the registry site. Then you should be able to post pictures and start a blog with your info. Hope this helps .... ! Ed
Hmmmm... and what is the URL to which you are referring ...?
I don't understand why the name registry sponsored by AS mothership would have anything to do with Air Forums ???Thanks
Old 11-30-2016, 03:28 PM   #65
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Hmmmm... and what is the URL to which you are referring ...?
I don't understand why the name registry sponsored by AS mothership would have anything to do with Air Forums ???Thanks
It doesn't, two different registries. One by Airstream, one by Air Forums. It's confusing. Airstream one doesn't seem to be working well.
Roadhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:34 PM   #66
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Thanks; that is what I thought. Apparently BigEd didn't understand just what I was asking. Can anyone help with accessing the AS name registration site ... I can not get in.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:18 AM   #67
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrick5 View Post
When I registered and received the badge and accompanying documents, I went to the registry and set up my page. Since that time I have only had a couple of occasions, when I directed friends and family to view, that I have had an issue. I just checked it a few minutes ago and it is working fine and my page along with many others are showing.

I'm not certain AS has reached the 500 applicant cut off for the badges. If they have, I think it would be a good idea for AS to extend the badge program or at least offer it for a small fee. It is a great addition to any AS owners' experience.
Yep! I can find the Silver Spud, but not Dora. I have on occasion found her but I have to go through several clicks on other AS then return and do another search. Sometimes I get lucky.

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

Old 12-01-2016, 11:24 AM   #68
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
Quote:
Thanks; that is what I thought. Apparently BigEd didn't understand just what I was asking. Can anyone help with accessing the AS name registration site ... I can not get in.
Any time it asks me for a log in I just refresh the page or scroll down and click on one of the pictures in the Virtual Caravan, then go back to the registration page. Sometimes using a different browser works. The pages are not put together very well, sometimes you end up in the "test" sections. Try clicking on one of the pictures then return to the registration page and see if it still wants a userid and password.

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

Old 12-01-2016, 03:05 PM   #69
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Accessing name registry

You can also go to the Airstream.com website and click on the Registry tab and it will take you to the entry page. You can scroll down and enter your trailers nickname or model or year of manufacture, and you get access to the virtual caravan from there! Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 04:56 AM   #70
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
St. Augustine , Florida
I got mine this week. It took about six weeks.

"Alumination" is now registered as such. Nice PR.