Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2016, 02:54 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Washington , Missouri
I just registered Blue
CruizinDux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 03:16 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
I'm still getting the same result. It says there is an error and notes the .jpeg as the error. So I try it without any photo and it still says there is an error that will be highlighted, but doesn't show what the error is.
Old 10-16-2016, 03:24 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
OK, it turns out you have to put something in the "Trailer Bio" field.I had left that blank previously. But it never showed that that was the error.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:44 PM   #44
Silver Spud

1975 31' Sovereign
Twin Falls , Idaho
Silver Spud

I have my certificate and medallion and thank you Airstream for that. I adhered the medallion right under the original sovereign nameplate with matching serial numbers. Love it! Again, thank you Airstream, marketing or what have you, I love Airstreams and love that Airstream reaches out to us Owners in an admirable way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3750.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	273602  
shadrick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:49 AM   #45
1 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
2010 16' International
ft. myers , Florida
Most people attach them next to the door or under the front window.
Happy Camping.
fladealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:19 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam View Post
OK, it turns out you have to put something in the "Trailer Bio" field.I had left that blank previously. But it never showed that that was the error.
The trailer BIO and picture are used to create a kind of web page for you. Whatever you put in the bio field will be placed with the picture. At the sign up page you will see thumbnails of what others have entered. I haven't found how you can modify the store if you need to. Maybe that's coming soon
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:27 PM   #47
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
They must have re-organized their website, as the link below doesn't work anymore. In fact, when I visit http://name.airstream.com and search for Rocinante, I get nothing. Maybe they forgot us already, despite issuing a nice little certificate and chunk of aluminum with sticky backing.

In fact, if I visit this page: https://www.airstream.com/community/name-registry/ and then click "Browse Others" under the Virtual Caravan heading, I get a 404. How quickly they forget... wait, what was it we were talking about?

Good thing I didn't permanently stick that badge to anything yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
It's this: http://name.airstream.com/caravan/rocinante

We got one too, wondering where to put the badge that won't cause regrets later.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:26 PM   #48
4 Rivet Member

2001 34' Limited
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaLevel View Post
I'd forgotten about this. It's been almost two months since we registered, and we haven't received anything yet.
Me too! I was reading this post yesterday and wondering if my " registry" was really accepted? Then BAM! In today's mail be my badge!
WooHoo!!

truxpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:53 AM   #49
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
They must have re-organized their website, as the link below doesn't work anymore. In fact, when I visit http://name.airstream.com and search for Rocinante, I get nothing. Maybe they forgot us already, despite issuing a nice little certificate and chunk of aluminum with sticky backing.

In fact, if I visit this page: https://www.airstream.com/community/name-registry/ and then click "Browse Others" under the Virtual Caravan heading, I get a 404. How quickly they forget... wait, what was it we were talking about?

Good thing I didn't permanently stick that badge to anything yet.
I thought I saw yours on the site the other day but now, nothing. I keep finding "Stargazer", about 5 so far, but many of the pictures are the same, some don't display at all. I'll get the 404 error sometimes and other times it gives me the page. They are definitely working on it in the production environment instead of having a development or testing environment. But, it's FREE, so no worries
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Old 10-19-2016, 11:07 AM   #50
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
2006 25' Safari FB SE
1999 19' Bambi
Buda , Texas
We registered our 3rd AS in August of this year after a year of travel. I got a notification from AS that the name was accepted. I did not get my badge until this week - October 15, 2016 so it took awhile for us to get....at any rate, I am hesitant about putting it "permanently" on the trailer so I have decided to mount a magnet on the back of the badge and use on my magnetic board or on the top of the stove vent. Anyone can browse the names on the Airstream registry and the stories behind the names - "we are a creative group." My next "project" is to get a decal with our name on it - #8614 flying ace (2015 FC) named for my pilot dad who taught me the love of travel and camping in our 60's shasta.
london1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:58 AM   #51
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMFL View Post
Anybody know if airstream is still sending out registry badges and if so how long it takes to receive it
Thanks
Got mine in 3 weeks. It's a nice, quality, heavy-gauge stainless-steel medallion with what appears to be good adhesive on the back, but I drilled it and mounted it with SS PK screws anyway. Mounted it beside entry-door grab-handle.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	NamePlate.png
Views:	1619
Size:	608.0 KB
ID:	274102  
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:28 AM   #52
1 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
Florida , Florida
Cashlin is Gaelic for "little castle"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20161013_163923.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	392.3 KB
ID:	274383  
sm171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 11:06 AM   #53
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
2016 30' Flying Cloud
Blenheim Ontario , Ontario
Medal?????
What medal?
No such thing came with MY FC.

Trailer. Trash squatting in a Tin Can Shed.
MelGoddard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 12:49 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
where to stick my official name badge?

Go to the Airstream official site. Find the "Virtual Caravan" registration page. Fill in the data, and submit it (you only get one shot at it, so be careful and complete)

In a few weeks, you get a nice advertising department letter and an engraved nameplate made from the registered data.

Looks nice stuck on the AS somewhere. See pictures in thread above.

It's a cool perk.

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 10:21 AM   #55
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Ours arrived yesterday. It took about a month from submission to receipt. Need to get a frame for the nice page and will put the badge on when we get down to Florida.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Old 11-26-2016, 11:31 AM   #56

We haven't put ours up. At this point I'm glad we didn't, because the "Virtual Caravan" component of their website imploded. Can't find ourselves or anybody else on that page, as their search function has been completely broken for months. If we try to search, it tries to get us to log into some website called "airname.gotchahosting.com." It looks like they just list the last few folks who signed up, and that's it. Given that, what is the point? We can't find ourselves or anybody else we look for so it is useless.

At this point we're calling this particular marketing campaign a bust and probably won't ever put up the medallion or certificate.

"When people show you who they are, believe them the first time." - Maya Angelou

Old 11-26-2016, 12:22 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
We haven't put ours up. At this point I'm glad we didn't, because the "Virtual Caravan" component of their website imploded. Can't find ourselves or anybody else on that page, as their search function has been completely broken for months. If we try to search, it tries to get us to log into some website called "airname.gotchahosting.com."
I think the website is being maintained by some 10th graders as a kind of class project. I've had better luck using Firefox than IE. When it asks you to log into the airname site, keep cancelling until you're back at the page, then scroll down and pick any picture. When the picture displays, click the 'back' button and you'll return to a site that is now using JavaScript. Pictures and name will now be displayed and there is a "more" button at the bottom of the pictures/page. Pressing it will get you more pictures. You can click on any and get the story.

So you can see more of the caravan, but the search is still not working. When we first added ours I could find us, but now I have to keep scrolling and pressing "more" until I see our picture. It's not random because I see many of the same AS pics each time. Before JavaScript is displayed, if you hovered over the pics you could see a URL for "test.name.airstream.com" something. When you start getting the real virtual caravan the name and picture are displayed, name first, or if you hover.

I found the link to our picture. If you know the name you used, you can maybe use this link to find it. Our AS is "Dora" but the name of the picture is different.
http://name.airstream.com/wp-content...0/DSCN1241.JPG Once I opened the page, when I go back and use search, it works, so maybe it's a demand thing. I tried again just now and it didn't find us.

The search, links, JavaScript are all whack. Cancel out if it's asking for a login, then scroll down and keep tinkering with it. I searched for Rocinante but couldn't find it. Good luck, YMMV.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Old 11-26-2016, 05:43 PM   #58

Love your picture, and agree the site is being "maintained" by folks who have no idea what they are on about. We were quite early registering for the program, and by the dearth of junk mail from Airstream, I have to say it seems quite likely they lost half the database at some point. Maybe I'll give them a call next week to ask about it. Given the mess that website is, I wonder whether they have any actual idea how successful the program has been in getting Airstream owners to register and provide contact info in return for a little medallion and a piece of paper.

"When people show you who they are, believe them the first time." - Maya Angelou

Old 11-28-2016, 11:22 AM   #59
Silver Spud

1975 31' Sovereign
Twin Falls , Idaho
When I registered and received the badge and accompanying documents, I went to the registry and set up my page. Since that time I have only had a couple of occasions, when I directed friends and family to view, that I have had an issue. I just checked it a few minutes ago and it is working fine and my page along with many others are showing.

I'm not certain AS has reached the 500 applicant cut off for the badges. If they have, I think it would be a good idea for AS to extend the badge program or at least offer it for a small fee. It is a great addition to any AS owners' experience.
shadrick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 05:57 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Our registration letter is dated 10/03 and we just received the package today ...
There is only the serial number on the documents / medallion but no actual registry number; so, maybe they will extend this offer.
I am not able to even post a photo ... asks for id and password ... nada ...
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote