Old 11-16-2014, 11:54 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Asbury Park , New Jersey
Where do you guys store your sewage hose?

All suggestions welcome.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:58 AM   #2
Refugee from Napa, CA

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Madison , South Dakota
under my bed....

Old 11-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2002 31' Classic
Currently Looking...
Monroe , Iowa
Mine is in the slide out bumper at the rear of my AS.

Also, I have two PVC tubes under the belly ahead of the wheels. I've never used them, tho, as the slide out bumper area is large enough for everything I need to take along.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:18 PM   #4
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
Yup, we have a couple of slinkys in the bumper and another in the PVC tube under the belly in case of an emergency - either a long distance drain, or a leaky main slinky.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:36 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2000 19' Bambi
mt. Prospect , Illinois
PVC tube addition

I mounted this PVC tube under the trailer. Drilled and tapped the frame and used PVC metal pipe hangers. Glued a cap on the one end and the screw on cleanout cap on this one. The PO kept the hose in the bumper box, but that 's where my electrical cord is permanently connected and coils up. I prefer not to have to handle the electrical after it's been laying in sewer water.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5_0816.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	226684  
Old 11-16-2014, 12:49 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2002 31' Classic
Currently Looking...
Monroe , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert claus View Post
I mounted this PVC tube under the trailer. Drilled and tapped the frame and used PVC metal pipe hangers. Glued a cap on the one end and the screw on cleanout cap on this one. The PO kept the hose in the bumper box, but that 's where my electrical cord is permanently connected and coils up. I prefer not to have to handle the electrical after it's been laying in sewer water.
Eww, ick. I wouldn't like my cord there either. Mine is on the side behind the water hook up on a slide out spool.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:39 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
1986 32' Excella
1965 22' Safari
2006 22' Interstate
Newark , Delaware
neighbor's yard
Old 11-16-2014, 03:44 PM   #8

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
We store Lucy's sewer hose in the outside storage closet at the left front of the trailer. We do not use a slinky. We use a Sewer Solution. We do carry a slinky for quick gray water dumps at a common dump site. We never dump the black tank with a slinky. We store the slinky in the tube up under the trailer.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:37 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Western MA , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags View Post
We store Lucy's sewer hose in the outside storage closet at the left front of the trailer. We do not use a slinky. We use a Sewer Solution. We do carry a slinky for quick gray water dumps at a common dump site. We never dump the black tank with a slinky. We store the slinky in the tube up under the trailer.

Brian
Hi Brian - I'm guessing you like the Sewer Solution system since you are using it.

How does it work and is it worth the $ in terms of value to ensure the black tank is fully cleaned out? Did you invest in an extension hose for the kit? I googled it but still not clear on how it works...it does look like something worth looking into.

I'm not a fan of the stinky slinky solution due to the extra handling required to shove it in the tight fitting storage tube under the trailer...even though it's hubby doing all the work! Still seems icky.
I would like to hear your perspective on this product. Thanks!
Old 12-04-2014, 10:39 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Lakeridge , Virginia
Here's a video. Looks like a great alternative to the stinky slinky.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:17 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
There is nothing special about the Sewer Solution hose. It's available at Home Depot in bulk. The fitting used to couple them is just a small piece of electrical conduit about 3 inches long. I heated my extra length end in hot water to make it pliable and inserted the adaptor to stretch it the first time. It holds well. I bought a cut piece for $7. I've never looked back at a 4 inch sewer hose again once I got the SS.

Nice thing about the SS is it all fits - including the 12 foot extension - in a 5 gallon bucket. Once rinsed off I add a cap full of bleach and a cup or so of water to slosh it around for the ride home and empty that out and let it all air dry. DONE. No smell ever.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:19 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Western MA , Massachusetts
I didn't mean to hijack the thread!
To answer the OP's question - we store our black hose in the plastic pipe located under the trailer. It's not ideal and requires the extra handling to disassemble to fit it in.
Peanut, Thank You for posting the u-tube link! And Clancy Boy, Thank You for info on how to build the hose extension. All great info!

Sewer Solution seems like a great alternative to the stinky slinky and worth buying...nothing says "great holiday gift" like an accessory for your black tank!
Thanks all!
Old 12-05-2014, 08:16 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
We store a Rhinoflex 15' slinky inside the rear bumper with the fittings and adaptors attached. Due to the fact these hoses compress tightly for storage, and stay compressed unlike a normal slinky hose, we can also fit 10' and 5' extension sections in the bumper as well. The extensions allow us to tailor the length of the hose to the requirements of the campsite. Wearing disposable gloves I don't find handling the hoses objectionable and the large opening of the bumper makes storing and retrieving the right hoses for the particular campsite easy.

The Rhinoflex will not fit in the underneath storage tube with the fittings attached. The prior owner of my Airstream stored his Rhinoflex in the underneath storage tube and his fittings in the bumper compartment. I don't want to install fittings when we arrive at a site, and take off the fittings when we leave, so I prefer to just store the hose with the fittings in the bumper storage compartment.

Electrical cords, water hoses, spare parts, and lego blocks for leveling go in the storage compartment behind the gas bottles along with a clean new Rhinoflex 15' spare in its box stored away in the event of a leak. Anything else goes in the back of the pickup.
TAC FL-55 | WBCCI 3823 - Unit 12 | AIR 48265
Florida 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:14 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Slinky storage

Using a drywall bucket for the SS is a good way to go - especially if you throw some Dawn dishwashing liquid in with hot water and let it self-wash while you drive down the road. I recently was clearing out some storage and found a sturdy plastic box designed to be used to wet down self-adhesive wallpaper. It did fit nicely in the bumper storage - so that's where the Sewer Solution goes now.

I don't own a slinky - but I think you could compress it and fit it into that kind of box, fittings and all. The box is at least 36 inches long. It does keep the electric cord separate. Last night I added a bar of soap in a box so I can wash my hands at the spigot when I break camp, without going back into the trailer.

Paula