Old 07-18-2009, 10:50 PM   #99
3 Rivet Member
2006 34' Classic S/O
Lakewood , New Jersey
I have been on the road travelling this wonderful country with my wife Franny in our used 1988 34' Limited for ten months now. At present we are enjoying Portland Oregon. During our time on the road we have logged 19,000 miles, and have had our share of things that go clunk, spark, and quit. In New Mexico I discovered wires hanging in front of our tires on the first axel. I realized that they had something to do with our trailer brakes, so a call went out to the Airstream dealer, and they were too busy, and they recommended a local mobile repair service. Tom was his name he came and in an hour had the wires fixed and checked all the brakes. Of course it took 150 clams to make it right. Next our airconditioner croaked in Camp Verde, Arizona where it was 106 degrees each day. Another mobile repair guy changed it out, and another 800 clams. I have had to make repairs to the fold out steps, tail lights, and stabalizers. Even with these issues I am so happy I purchased my airstream, it has been a wonderful home away from home. Towing has been extremely easy, even in the mountains of Colorado, New Mexico, and northern California... Every where we go I get such positive feedback on our Stream... Anyone who buys anything used or new can expect their share of things that can go wrong and even fail. A trailer is a lot like a boat which everone knows is a hole you throw money into.

Reganzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:16 PM   #100
1 Rivet Member
SanFrancisco , California
I am interested in hearing from AS full timers
in Grass valley, Eldorado, Amador areas.
Am planing to purchase AS and relocate there. Thx

mactavco is offline   Reply With Quote

2006 bambi