Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-05-2018, 04:50 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

North port , Florida
Water leak on a brand new 2018 sport 22fb

Hi i bought my sport 22fb in May and since then i had a lot of quality issues: the water heater went bad ( bad panel) and now i have 2 water leaks: the water is coming in near the bathroom window. North trail in Fort Myers is trying to find the leak.... in this 5 months of ownership the airstream was 2 months at north trail for repair. I really don’t know what to do
dirksauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 04:51 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Northfield , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirksauer View Post
Hi i bought my sport 22fb in May and since then i had a lot of quality issues: the water heater went bad ( bad panel) and now i have 2 water leaks: the water is coming in near the bathroom window. North trail in Fort Myers is trying to find the leak.... in this 5 months of ownership the airstream was 2 months at north trail for repair. I really don’t know what to do
Have you ask about the lemon policy....
rwigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 05:40 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

North port , Florida
Great idea, thanks
Old 10-08-2018, 11:45 AM   #4
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Hi dirksauer,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issues you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customer_support@airstream.com*

Thank you.*
Old 10-08-2018, 01:55 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Blue Sky Ranch , Texas
Good to see Airstream Inc is viewing these posts. Follow their advice. I had a bad water heater issue and finally went rogue. Bought the Dino board after 4 OEM failures. AS paid for the repair.

AS Inc wants your investment to be good. Talk to them.
Msherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:02 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

North port , Florida
@airstream: thanks for your kind words. I did contact customer service 2 days ago but i didn’t get an answer
Old 10-09-2018, 05:14 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2018 16' Sport
Charlotte , Vermont
Quote:
@airstream: thanks for your kind words. I did contact customer service 2 days ago but i didn’t get an answer
Keep trying. Sometimes it takes a while for them to get back to you.

So sorry for you difficulties. That's really a bummer.

Kim
Charlotte, VT
2010 F-150, 5.4l, V8, 3.55; Bramble: 2018 Bambi Sport 16
farafield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 06:15 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

North port , Florida
Thanks but that’s live
Old 10-09-2018, 08:50 AM   #9
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Hi dirksauer,

Please send us a private message with your information so that we can send it directly to Technical Support and Customer Service. Thank you.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:02 AM   #10
1 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Corpus Christi , Texas
dirksauer, sorry to hear about your water leak issue.

My wife and I are having water leak issues as well on our 2018 Flying Cloud 26U. The macerator toilet is leaking into the hallway, and this is after Camper Clinic II in Buda, TX had it for nine weeks supposedly fixing the leak in addition to other deficiencies.

Color me not impressed with Airstream quality nor the dealership.
cchog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:09 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Blue Sky Ranch , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchog View Post

My wife and I are having water leak issues as well on our 2018 Flying Cloud 26U. The macerator toilet is leaking into the hallway, and this is after Camper Clinic II in Buda, TX had it for nine weeks supposedly fixing the leak in addition to other deficiencies.

I, like you, am not impressed with dealerships. But Airstream Inc wants to 'make it right'. Go direct to them. Call or email Customer Support. Be sure you have your VIN and any dealer paperwork for service at the ready.
Msherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 03:45 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
our as 22fb 2017 is 14 months old

it leaks from under the shower, we cant fix it with tearing the floor open.

as well the grey water tank leaks

all since day 1

we are NOT impressed with the POOR QA at AS
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:15 AM   #13
1 Rivet Member

North port , Florida
Thanks guys. I see i am not alone with my issues. Don’t get me wrong I still love my Airstream but for the price point I just expected higher quality levels
Old 10-11-2018, 06:33 AM   #14
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
"Please send us a private message with your information so that we can send it directly to Technical Support and Customer Service. Thank you."

I talk to my computer a lot😂

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 10-11-2018, 09:15 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

North port , Florida
I am at the dealership in Fort Myers right now. Waterleak has been fixed but now the Camera on the back is not working anymore. Camera is not on Stock. . That means i unplug the trailer from my truck and leave it for another couple of weeks. I don’t want to do this anymore maybe the best thing to do is to fight it through under the lemon law. I mean i own the trailer now for 5 month and it was at the dealership for 3 month
Old 10-11-2018, 09:22 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

North port , Florida
Camera is no working. Dealership fixed it right away. I am so happy now
Old 10-11-2018, 09:23 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

North port , Florida
Now working
Old 10-11-2018, 03:09 PM   #18
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchog View Post

Hi cchog,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issue you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customer_support@airstream.com*

Thank you.*
Old 10-11-2018, 04:18 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
eden prairie , Minnesota
Finally blew the lines due to falling temperatures

Found out Airstream of Chicago left me another F Bomb. A cross threaded plastic plug rammed up into the water heater with a bunch of pipe dope. Same water heater they gave me that didn't fire the first time I tried it off their property. So I have that and the main door that fits so terribly that I can see daylight through the gaps (and make out color distinctions) and a deadbolt that cannot be engaged. It's not their fault primarily, but they did whatever they could to pass on the problems with this trailer and get it out the door.

So I hope they're having a great grand opening in their new digs but what they really needed was new people.

I did get a message left from Airstream early this summer when I first reported it but what am I gonna do then 700 miles away from the factory with a long waiting list. I got the water heater working on my own no help from Airstream of Chicago but I am out the money for the Dinosaur board. The door needs major work, apparently this one didn't even get a check if it closed correctly.

Guess I have to start barking again? I have never received one call from the dealer.
keweenawbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:39 PM   #20
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by keweenawbee View Post
Found out Airstream of Chicago left me another F Bomb. A cross threaded plastic plug rammed up into the water heater with a bunch of pipe dope. Same water heater they gave me that didn't fire the first time I tried it off their property. So I have that and the main door that fits so terribly that I can see daylight through the gaps (and make out color distinctions) and a deadbolt that cannot be engaged. It's not their fault primarily, but they did whatever they could to pass on the problems with this trailer and get it out the door.

So I hope they're having a great grand opening in their new digs but what they really needed was new people.

I did get a message left from Airstream early this summer when I first reported it but what am I gonna do then 700 miles away from the factory with a long waiting list. I got the water heater working on my own no help from Airstream of Chicago but I am out the money for the Dinosaur board. The door needs major work, apparently this one didn't even get a check if it closed correctly.

Guess I have to start barking again? I have never received one call from the dealer.
Hi keweenawbee,*

We're very sorry about this. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

Thank you.*