Old 07-09-2016, 08:34 AM   #43
Rivet Master
2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
The trailers also have no clothes or groceries or dishes or towels or sheets or...

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

2013 Classic 30 Limited
2007 Silver Toyota Tundra Crew Max Limited 5.7 iForce
2006 Vivid Black Harley-Davidson Road King Classic
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:49 PM   #44
Rivet Master
1996 25' Excella
Tillsonburg , Ontario
I pulled a 23 ft Award with my 1500 Jimmy. Terrible rig and the Award was known to sway badly, so I used a friction anti-sway... Wouldn't dare run without it! Then, when I bought our first Airstream, and towed with the Dakota Quad cab, the rig was always very stable. I mentioned this to Andy Thompson on one of our rallys. He said you won't need the anti-sway until you have an emergency; then you will be glad you have it! I started using it and I had that "emergency" in Texas. Never ever ran without it again

JCWDCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:56 PM   #45
2 Rivet Member
2015 22' FB Sport
Wethersfield , Connecticut
Sway control

Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
I really don't want to start another tow hitch discussion so I'll be specific. Are there many pulling a AS Sport 22FB with a half ton truck without a WD/anti sway tow hitch. I don't and I have not experienced any problems. My set up has been very stable. I'm concerned because of many comments from so many proponents of a tow hitch modification. Am I asking for trouble?
During our upstate NY July 4th travel my daughter (a non camper) made the comment on how some camper trailers seemed to sway a lot on the road. I had just finished telling her about sway control when we saw an overturned camper across the medium strip. I have used a ball hitch and a hensely and definitely recommend the Hensely type. Safe Travels
TinkersToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:05 PM   #46
2006 34' Classic
Fort Worth , Texas
Without any WD/SC equipment you had better be ready for the rig to suddenly sway with the slightest upset or change in conditions. If the sway goes divergent, and that cannot be predicted, you are going to wrap it all up in a ball. There are a lot of sway accidents the verify this cause. Even the best and most technological hitch system is not accident free. A jack knife will ruin your day.

guskmg is offline   Reply With Quote