Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-07-2017, 02:18 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks, I hope you will give us the details and costs after installation.

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:32 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Truma mover system

@waninae39, did you ever pull the trigger on a mover?

We have finally purchased a 2018 27FB and I will need a solution to back it into our RV garage. I am sure there is someone out there who has the mad backward skills to get it in the garage but I do not just yet.

Here is a video that shows the problem terrain we will have to negotiate. It does not give you a good idea of the elevation changes but does show the approach to the garage near the end.

What do you guys think of the turn into the garage?

Driveway and Garage Approach

My wife did the editing of the video to make it look like an old movie, starts with a radio tuning from static into a Rush song... She is the good looking one with all the skill in this family...
Old 05-22-2018, 03:47 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
we bought the http://parkit360.com 5k unit with fat tires

it fits into the ball , some As have a lift too close to the ball, thus

lift the trailer , take the foot off the front lift and place that into parkit360 unit.
now you have 270 degree control of the trailer.

we used it to push the As 22Fb up a 6 degree gradient. the 5 k unit is just at the edge of its ability , mostly due to traction on a surface that has some dirt and sand .

we power our unit off the AS inside battle born Lion batteries with no issue
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:40 PM   #24
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Niagara-on-the-Lake , ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by waninae39 View Post
has anyone seen this from truma?
https://www.truma.com/int/en/product...html#radius=de

can this be added to a sport 22FB?

it would solve our parking issue.

i do not know what it costs
These are designed for Europe where the trailer has a very low tongue weight (less than 250 lbs) so it doesn’t put a lot of stress on the jockey wheel. Might not be functional here.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:58 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
I asked my dealer (Airstream of Scottsdale) about installing the PurplelineUSA / Truma products and they responded that due to the under wrap on the 27FB they would not recommend it.

They did however send me the following link of a new mover on the market, very interesting!

The Trailer Valet RVR - which looks like one of those cool battle bots, a little remote controlled tank that moves trailers. Their demo video shows it moving an Airstream (dual axel International I think?). $2,100 base but would be a bit worried that it has its own lithium batteries, instead of using the trailer batteries.

Update: Would need the RVR9 for a 27FB - $4,100 (ouch)

Anyone heard of this thing or have experience?

UncleBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:59 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
I am getting closer to a decision on a motorized trailer mover, have it down to the following:

Parkit360 Force 10K
https://parkit360.ca/collections/tra...-capacity-base
- Can be powered from the trailer batteries
- no "tail wheel"
- 10,000 pound capacity
- $1,770 - free shipping

TX6000
https://traxpowerdolly.com/products-mb/tx6000-mb
- requires batteries
- has tail wheel
- 6,000 pound capacity
- cost $2,420 - $1750 for mover, $300 for batteries, $150 for charger, $220 for shipping

Apparently the Sales director at TRAX used to work for Parkit360 and had nothing kind to say about the Parkit360, said it would "destroy the batteries" on the AS.

waninae39 - you mentioned you use your BattleBorn's to power the Parkit360, how much drain did you experience? Is the lack of a "tail wheel" an issue?

I am leaning towards the Parkit360 as it had a higher rated capacity (10K vs 6K) and I really do not want another set of batteries to maintain unless its actually needed. I would not need to use the mover probably more than 15 minutes to make the turn and push into RV garage.

Thoughts anyone?
UncleBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:48 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
i used it on the ball but could only turn it +/- 20 degrees without hitting the powered leg post( that holds the front up)

i called them and they said the AS and a few other put there post too close to the ball.

they said that if i took off the post foot, the post would fit into their system very easily and would make it much easier to use.

i did that and they were right

now i can turn it 180 degrees

WRT the BB battery, no issues. I added a connector up front( that they supply) and it now runs off the inside BB Lion battery

i have the 5k model for my 22FB

our driveway has a slight incline and a ridge at the road . To get it up the driveway, i have to take a "running start" to get the wheels over the curb edge.

other than that, it works like a charm
Old 06-16-2018, 07:33 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Quote:
i used it on the ball but could only turn it +/- 20 degrees without hitting the powered leg post( that holds the front up)

i called them and they said the AS and a few other put there post too close to the ball.

they said that if i took off the post foot, the post would fit into their system very easily and would make it much easier to use.

i did that and they were right

now i can turn it 180 degrees

WRT the BB battery, no issues. I added a connector up front( that they supply) and it now runs off the inside BB Lion battery

i have the 5k model for my 22FB

our driveway has a slight incline and a ridge at the road . To get it up the driveway, i have to take a "running start" to get the wheels over the curb edge.

other than that, it works like a charm

Once your lined up straight, I assume you can reattach the foot and extend the jack to take the weight and remove the parkit?

In one of the other posts on movers, someone mentioned the amp draw on the batteries would be a consideration, but I won’t have to use the parkit very long, just to swivel 90 and push into garage.

I may pull the trigger on the 10k next week.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:35 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
The drain on a battery have two independent variables

draw (amps)
time (sec/minutes)

it's the product of these two that cause a drain on any battery

for my mover. I'm only using it for 30 minutes top and even then only a 10% duty cycle

imho; this whole talk on battery drain is pointless
Old 06-16-2018, 11:53 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Truma mover system

Agree. Thanks for the input!
Old 07-16-2018, 08:21 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Truma mover system

Our Parkit360 arrives this week. Can’t wait to get the AS in the garage! They are sending a 24 inch ball mount so it will clear the jack post.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:52 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
i removed the ball mount option on the mover as the tires would hit the jack post. that ball mount only gave me 20 degree movement

after taking to them, they told me to take the foot off the jack post and place it where their ball mount go.

that works MUCH BETTER. now i have 190 degrees movement to move the AS
Old 07-16-2018, 06:12 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Quote:
i removed the ball mount option on the mover as the tires would hit the jack post. that ball mount only gave me 20 degree movement

after taking to them, they told me to take the foot off the jack post and place it where their ball mount go.

that works MUCH BETTER. now i have 190 degrees movement to move the AS

Gotcha - supposedly the thing they are sending will help. Will let you know when it arrives.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:42 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Parkit360 arrived. Put my update in a different thread.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f464...ks-176228.html
Old 07-21-2019, 09:02 PM   #35
Newbie Wannabe

San Diego , CA
Being able to park and move the AS into my driveway has been a big stumbling block for me to getting a trailer. Back when I had a tent trailer it was a huge deal to park the trailer because at that time I had this stupid steep driveway. A huge remodel since then has lowered the driveway so it's got a gentle slope now. But still a slope, a very narrow driveway at the street side to a wider drive (which will have to be widened further if I end up getting an AS). It will be just wide enough to park the trailer on the left side of the driveway and give me room to get out of the garage. But there are other stumbling blocks, namely the street is not very wide, has a steep slope going past my house, and the neighbors cars are always parked directly across the street from my driveway.

Yay urban living.

I like the purple line mover, because I could at least get the trailer part way in and then use the purple mover to get it as far to the left of the drive as it can go. Also, if something goes wonky it won't roll - the mover is holding it at the wheel. Anything attached to the tongue has zero braking ability and won't work if the bottom of the trailer lifts it off the ground anyway.

So has anyone actually tried one of these wheel friction movers on an AS? Mine won't be a huge trailer, I'm limited to about 20 feet.
thx
dm
Retirement pending
darcym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:17 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Truma mover system

I also looked into the purple line. Could find no examples of it being installed on a 27FB. Airstream of Tampa and also Scottsdale said they could “try”. Didn’t go that route.

So we went with the Parkit 360 and returned it due to safety issues.

Waiting on our Airtug 15k to arrive this week. Many others having success with it. It is $$$$ but believe me your safety is just as important as being able to store your AS.

Many other threads on the issue of movers. PM if you need additional information.