Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-20-2015, 08:35 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 16' Sport
Tucson , Arizona
Took delivery of my new 16 2016 bambi!

Love the new Bambi.. It's in my driveway till the HOA runs me off :-) I have one question though.. I have noticed that even when the frige is off there is what appears to be a large fan running, I can't seem to figure out how to turn it off.. It is quite loud and even with the 2 AGM batteries and solar I am concerned with this thing sucking the life out of my batteries.. How do I turn it off?

THanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender 4.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	248592   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	248593  

MarioM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:38 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
LLLLOve you red awnings!!! That is one beautiful trailer.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:00 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Ditto on the all around red awnings.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:18 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Huntsville , Alabama
Took delivery of my new 16 2016 bambi!

The fan is at the outside vent. Temperature activated, it will allow the fridge to operate more efficient in hot weather. When my camper is not in use I turn the battery switch under the table near the floor to off position and that turns the fan off or disconnecting battery terminals will also work. I have no way of turning off when connected to shore power or running on batteries.

Enjoy your airstream.

Ron
2015 Sport 16'

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 09-20-2015, 09:19 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Huntsville , Alabama
The fan is at the outside vent. Temperature activated, it will allow the fridge to operate more efficient in hot weather. When my camper is not in use I turn the battery switch under the table near the floor to off position and that turns the fan off or disconnecting battery terminals will also work. I have no way of turning off when connected to shore power or running on batteries.

Enjoy your airstream.

Ron
2015 Sport 16'

Ron
Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 09-20-2015, 10:03 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Santa Rosa , California
Beautiful Bambi! Did you special order it with the red awning? I also noticed you have an awning on the street side and stainless propane tank cover and bumper. Were these add on's? We recently purchased a 2015 Bambi 16 and we love it! We also had the very loud and constant refrigerator fan. I complained to Airstream but they said that this is normal. It was difficult to sleep with it running constantly. With the help of this forum I replaced the original fan with two very quiet coaxial fans and a switch. With two fans they do not run constantly, use less power than stock fan and best of all they are very quiet. Search the forum for refrigerator fan for some good suggestions. My original fan was located centered in the grill, the new fans are mounted just like the original but centered on each side of the vent opening.
rnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:46 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2016 16' Sport
Tucson , Arizona
We bought it from the dealer, they had it on the lot with all the extras. We assume either the dealer added it or ordered it that way. I know it was on the lot a matter of hours before we came across it online and bought it sight unseen. Rear, side and main awning in red, rock guards, stainless tank cover, the rear bumper storage, rear bumper tow receiver to hook our generator to, stainless A/C shroud on top, red badging, 100 watt solar panels, 2 6 volt AGM batteries, electric jack, vent covers. and a few other things I cant remember right off.
MarioM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 11:05 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
Salt Lake City , Utah
One of the first "upgrades" I made to my 2006 Bambi was to replace that original equipment fan with a much quieter model. The noise was making me crazy. I had Lewster do the upgrade (you can find him here on the forums). There are also a couple of good threads about upgrading the fridge fan if you do a search. Or maybe a moderator or a member smarter than me can point us there.

Most important, beautiful Bambi! Have fun!

Stan
Salt Lake City
spenfolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:24 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Pineola , North Carolina
The fan is an easy fix. Pretty much a "plug and play" project. I learned how from this forum. I also installed a simple on/off toggle switch for the fan. I mounted in inside the cabinet under the sink. We usually let the fan do its thing during the day and turn it off at night. If you like your 16 footer even half as much as we like ours, you will be very, very happy with it. We think it is the perfect trailer for two people.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:46 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
leavenworth , Washington
loud fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioM View Post
Love the new Bambi.. It's in my driveway till the HOA runs me off :-) I have one question though.. I have noticed that even when the frige is off there is what appears to be a large fan running, I can't seem to figure out how to turn it off.. It is quite loud and even with the 2 AGM batteries and solar I am concerned with this thing sucking the life out of my batteries.. How do I turn it off?

THanks!
It's a small fan and it is vibrating into the body of the trailer. I resolved this by taking the bracket off and using a used motorcycle inner tube and slicing 1 inch strips as to make rubber bands if you will. I tied one around the body of the fan and then tied a strip of this rubber at each corner around the one that is around the body. I then screwed each one back to the frame with self tapping screws doubling the rubber where the screw goes and now the fan just hangs there and makes no noise at all. so now I can sleep. There is another fix by replacing the fan with a noctua fan NF-A14 PWM you can find it at noctua.at
woodguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote