Old 05-03-2016, 06:49 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Clinton , Montana
You are so right! just pulling into a gas station that is not level puts the plumbing in peril.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:19 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2011 31' Classic
Nellysford , Virginia
We just cut up a 3/4 inch stable mat for levelers. Got tired of the yellow plastic breaking. Got lots of pcs. out of the mat and will never go back. Soft, easy to place, easy on the AS when rolling over them, don't collect rocks, bugs, or mud. Nice.

TAC VA-18 | WBAC 1927 - Shen. Valley Unit 149 | AIR 53869
https://www.linkedin.com/in/gheuer
Silver Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:55 AM   #17
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
Problems like this should have been resolved through design and aftermarket solutions years ago. A simple metal skid would protect the valves. An inter-locking block system would keep lego type stackers from tipping. Using gravel or solid concrete in place of individual paving blocks would seem logical, but without threads like this we all are left ignorant of the issue. Thank you very much for posting. Should an expanded version of this thread be a do not miss sticky? Pat
Old 05-04-2016, 10:09 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Clinton , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
Problems like this should have been resolved through design and aftermarket solutions years ago. A simple metal skid would protect the valves. An inter-locking block system would keep lego type stackers from tipping. Using gravel or solid concrete in place of individual paving blocks would seem logical, but without threads like this we all are left ignorant of the issue. Thank you very much for posting. Should an expanded version of this thread be a do not miss sticky? Pat
Thanks for your comment.

I would certainly think so as I'm sure it is going to happen to any "new unsuspecting owner".

Since this occurrence I watch what's going on back there "like a hawk". The trailer sets so low that I have looked into the possibility of adding a "lift kit". They are available and will raise the unit 2 and 3/8'. That isn't a lot of lift but it would sure avoid a lot of "repeat" occurrences.

Last week while traveling we pulled into a gas station that had a tilted drive way. It was level at the pumps but then sloped dramatically towards the curb which wasn't clearly visible. The only "safe way" exiting that kind of drive was "diagonally" otherwise the back of the trailer would have dragged the sloping concrete driveway and torn off the plumbing in a "heart beat".

I guess the "lesson learned" in this case is don't stop at "gas stops" that don't have flat surfaces upon "entrance and exiting".

When you're pulling one of these trailers there is a lot you need to learn protect it.

Again thanks for your input ....I truly hope my "bad experiences" have prevented others from having the same.