Old 08-24-2016, 07:21 AM   #1

torrington , Connecticut
Satellite dish

How do you hookup a satellite dish on a 2017 22sport ? It only has one cable in on the trailer. Please help!

Old 08-24-2016, 07:38 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Welcome to the forum!

Does your owners manual have anything to say on this? Your dealer should also be able to answer this question.

On p. 39/92 of the attached PDF for the 2016 Sport:

https://www.airstream.com/wp-content...ream-Sport.pdf

it does not have much to say about the cable connection, except for the note at the bottom left of p. 5-11, which says the TV Antenna booster must be "off for cable/satellite TV operation."

My guess would be that your television's set-up procedure will let you choose the satellite signal coming from the one exterior connection.

Good luck!

Peter

Old 08-25-2016, 05:20 PM   #3

torrington , Connecticut
Pete
Thank you for your input. I emailed Airstream and they sent me some information but the wiring is nothing like what I have in my trailer.
I opened the back of the radio/dvd player and that is a maze of wires. Does anyone know where the coax goes. Does it go to the booster or does it go somewhere in the back of the DVD player. If anyone has hooked up a satellite to a Sport please let me know.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:41 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankct View Post
Pete
Thank you for your input. I emailed Airstream and they sent me some information but the wiring is nothing like what I have in my trailer.
I opened the back of the radio/dvd player and that is a maze of wires. Does anyone know where the coax goes. Does it go to the booster or does it go somewhere in the back of the DVD player. If anyone has hooked up a satellite to a Sport please let me know.
Do you have a television hooked up to the CATV outlet inside? I would try running a cable signal to the exterior jack, and see if you can get the TV to work on cable. I would also try the TV using the trailer's antenna (cranked up if applicable, and antenna booster turned on), to see if your trailer is pre-wired correctly from the outside jack to the inside jack. This will also let you get familiar with the TV's setup menu etc..

If you cross those bridges successfully, then the satellite reception issues will be easier to figure out.

The sales staff at your dealer should be able to help also IMO -- hopefully.

Good luck!
Old 10-08-2016, 11:06 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
edison , New Jersey
Hi. Has anyone figured this out? I have a 2017 sport 22fb and i connected my winegard pathway x2 into the airstream exterior coax jack and connected the inside antenna coax to the satellite receiver. No joy. Receiver cannt see the dish. Works directly connected.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:39 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
edison , New Jersey
Been reading that there may be a coax connector behind the dvd unit that may be connected to the external satellite outlet. I will have to open that up to see thats true.

External Satellite Input <---> Internal Antenna Outlook - No joy.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:58 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
Here's what our owner's manual says:

To install a satellite system use the following procedure:
1. Remove the jumper wire from the coax faceplate.
2. Hook a portable dish into the Cable TV receptacle in the roadside rear underbelly compartment. This feeds the dish signal to the input side of the faceplate.
3. Install the satellite receiver input and output into the dual coax faceplate.
To return to a cable TV system, remove the satellite receiver from the faceplate and reinstall the
jumper cable.

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:26 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
edison , New Jersey
Hmm my manual says nothing of that sort. I'll look at that in the few days and respnd with my findings. Thanks
Old 10-19-2016, 08:43 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
edison , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvfr02 View Post
Hmm my manual says nothing of that sort. I'll look at that in the few days and respnd with my findings. Thanks
Finally got a chance to open the wall plate. In the wall plate, i didnt see any jumper but i did see a cable labeled CABLE and a cable labeled ANTENNA. Both were connected to a circuit board.

Since i didnt see a way that the CABLE was working through the circuit board's output connection, i disconnected the CABLE cable and connected straight to the satellite receiver. It worked!!.

Im just going to drill a extra hole in the wall plate and pull the connector labeled CABLE to that and connect it to the receiver.

Thanks everyone.