Old 07-15-2015, 07:00 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Jacksonville , Florida
Samsung TV not working - 2015 Bambi 16'

Samsung Television not working. Will not turn on with remote or toggle on back of television. I put new batteries in the remote. I checked the outlet. I am plugged into shore power. I called the dealership (they knew nothing at all about the Samsung and had no suggestions other than call Airstream directly). I called Airstream and great customer service person. No suggestions other than what I had already tried. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, would greatly appreciate hearing about it.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:51 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
Unless there is an obscure setting buried in the owners manual, looks like you will need to have the tv replaced. We have not even attempted to turn on the TV or sound system in our 2015 '16 Sport as we will never use it, but probably should test it while under warranty.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:54 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Overland Park , Kansas
On Samsung TV's there is a little red light on the bottom right side which is illuminated when the TV is off. When you turn on the TV the red light is supposed to go off. Samsung told me (Airstream replaced one for me) that if the red light is not working properly than the TV needs service or replacement. Airstream has had some of the models they install modified to work in the Airstream so you may need to ask them to replace it, rather than Samsung. Good luck, hope this helps, Sandy
Old 07-18-2015, 08:19 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2015 19' Flying Cloud
Ashland , Kentucky
You may want to look in the back of the unit to ensure that the power source is properly seated. The 120 connects into a small box that is velcroed on to the back of the unit; out of that comes a lower voltage line that actually plugs into the television. Also, (and this may seem silly but it happened to me) check the power outlet to see if you've got any juice - when I couldn't get mine powered up, it turned out to be that the ground circuit had tripped (I simply hit the reset and everything worked fine).
Held together with the Husky Centerline Hitch
LongShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 11:13 AM   #5
Prairie Schooner II

2012 30' International
1997 25' Safari
1967 20' Globetrotter
Burlington , Ontario
When mine failed to work, I took it to a local tv repair shop and he replaced some stuff and now it works. The cost was about $50 less than a new one but 50 bucks is 50 bucks. It took about a week. Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 07-18-2015, 01:18 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2013 16' Sport
Boulder , Colorado
The GFC trip for that outlet is by the stove in our 16'Bambi. Try resetting it.
Old 07-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2013 16' Sport
Boulder , Colorado
Never mind my suggestion. I see you've already checked the outlet!
Old 07-18-2015, 01:24 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiho Silver View Post
On Samsung TV's there is a little red light on the bottom right side which is illuminated when the TV is off. When you turn on the TV the red light is supposed to go off. Samsung told me (Airstream replaced one for me) that if the red light is not working properly than the TV needs service or replacement. Airstream has had some of the models they install modified to work in the Airstream so you may need to ask them to replace it, rather than Samsung. Good luck, hope this helps, Sandy
The red light picks up the remote on and off command. You can turn the TV on by placing your finger or hand over the light.
Old 07-18-2015, 03:05 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2009 28' International
Pacific Palisades , California
You mentioned plugged into shore power and new remote batteries. I know this sounds obvious, but have you checked that the TV is plugged into the wall?

Also, if you have any solar at all and have an inverter, very often the 110 outlet for the TV is powered by the batteries through the inverter. If our inverter is not on, the TV will not turn on even if we're plugged into shore power

Good luck!
Old 07-18-2015, 06:26 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Sherwood , Oregon
We were four day out on a 14 day trip when our lounge Samsung did the same thing. Red light is on, press the remote and the red light goes out but the TV doesn't turn on. If you unplug it and plug it back in, the red light comes on and sometimes the TV will come on. Same result using the on/off button on the back of the TV. The last five days it would not come on at all until last night when we set up camp and there was the red light and the TV came on! Back to not working this morning. It must be a cracked circuit board, loose connection, bad solder joint, etc. I have put it on the warranty list for when we take it in next week for other issues.