Old 02-25-2019, 03:04 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Newport News , Virginia
Rugs

What kind of scatter rugs/runners are best considering fire prevention and toxicity?

X Navy Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 04:38 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Napa , California
Years of messing with hall runners has left me jaded and poorer.

We've had those that never cease to slip and slide all over the place, those that came apart (edging came off, rug unraveled, fell apart), and those with non-skid backing where the backing either decomposed into gritty yuck or turned to a sticky goo that I then had to get off the floor. If we used rubber mats underneath, they were always sticking out or falling apart on their own.

And then, I found a great solution. https://www.stroudbraidedrugs.com These are USA made braided rugs that come either in wool or olefin fibers, a multitude of colors and color combinations, custom widths and lengths AND the separate pad is flat and works very well. It can hold the rug in place on a wooden floor with two frolicking golden retrievers charging at it, doesn't rip or wander too far -occasionally we do have to realign but it isn't every day.

We've got Stroud wool runners in our house now (been here for 3 years and still look new) and a gorgeous new 2" x 10" runner of olefin in the Airstream. The olefin is washable (of course that depends on the size) and it looks great. They are more expensive than those you can get on Amazon -but well worth the investment and they are worthy of consideration. (Not affliliated, just thrilled to NOT have to find new runners every year!)

Atwebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 04:59 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County , North Carolina
We have been using two of the Stroud 2' x 6' Carolina Sky blue runners in our 34' for 5 years. They still look almost new. These do move a little as we walk on them, since I removed the carpet and installed vinyl.

I take them outside and wash them with a scrub brush and hose when they get dirty. I've even washed them with a pressure washer a couple times. I let them air dry in the sun. They are tough!