Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-20-2018, 09:58 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2011 22' Sport
Portland , Oregon
Replacing MicroPulse tank sensors and tank access on 22FB

We have a '11 22FB, up until recently I didn't know that there was such a distinct difference in tank monitor options that were used in various model years. We have MicroPulse sensors, which do not work well at all...and after reading discussions on the subject seems to just not be capable of working well. I am sure that on a RV/TT with 40G holding tanks you can accept less accuracy, however the tanks on a Sport are small enough that losing 1/4 tank of visibility does matter. This came up as in our most recent trip we went from having a monitor report the gray water tank as being 1/8 full to the shower having standing water and the monitor reporting full...

I see that the LevelSee monitors are are superior, I am curious if anyone else has done this on a 22FB. Getting adequate access to the tanks is the challenging part, sticking the LevelSee monitors on shouldn't be overly difficult nor should the wire splicing, etc. I have tried searching for any threads on the subject of accessing the tanks on a 22FB with no luck.

Hopefully someone has approached a similar task, either to repair a tank, valve, etc and can share some wisdom on the best approach to access each of the 3 tanks.
SilverHouseDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:22 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' International
2015 28' International
2013 28' International
Las Vegas , Nevada
I have a lot of experience with MicroPulse and while I have hated them in the past, after recalibration and replacing sensors, the system is very accurate. I suggest before you go through the headache of configuring a new system, take the time and methodically maintain your MicroPulse.
Here is a link to the manual with all the calibration procedure (hint: follow the directions exactly, they are confusing, I had to do it 3-4 times to get it right):
http://www.catconproducts.com/pdf/Mi...itorManual.pdf
Good luck!
vintagemotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:06 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2011 22' Sport
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagemotor View Post
I have a lot of experience with MicroPulse and while I have hated them in the past, after recalibration and replacing sensors, the system is very accurate. I suggest before you go through the headache of configuring a new system, take the time and methodically maintain your MicroPulse.

Here is a link to the manual with all the calibration procedure (hint: follow the directions exactly, they are confusing, I had to do it 3-4 times to get it right):

http://www.catconproducts.com/pdf/Mi...itorManual.pdf

Good luck!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I do wonder if the smaller tanks on the 22FB result in smaller margins of error and this less accuracy since the volume of water (and the associated pressure) is so much less. But I will try a calibration round, but I’ll have to be somewhere with a full hookups of course. I just am not sure I have the desire to try replacing the sensors, as it might be just as much work to apply a LevelSee sensor instead.
SilverHouseDreams is offline   Reply With Quote