Old 02-03-2019, 05:13 PM   #29
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keweenawbee View Post
I fooled around with that idea and spent some money on a couch conversion, but ultimately just a smaller teak marine table made a world of difference, the space much more useable, and enjoyable.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f295...ml#post2118664
I’m in love with the teak table. If it’s more functional then that’s great too. Did I read that you reused the mechanism that bolts to bottom of table?

Kanusport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:30 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Leesburg , Florida
Cushions from 22' Bambi

Yes I am willing to sell them, but know that they are not cheap. Have you checked with the Mothership so you know how much they are?

LuLuAdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:21 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2011 22' Sport
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLuAdrift View Post
Yes I am willing to sell them, but know that they are not cheap. Have you checked with the Mothership so you know how much they are?

Yes, but I also know that the price of an AS 10 months after it rolls of a lot is also not close to the same as a brand new one...and even a bigger difference after the warranty expires, which the cushions would lack.

I suppose if you are expecting to sell them at MSRP we wouldn’t need to continue the discussion. As if I was looking to pay full price I would have bought them already
SilverHouseDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:22 AM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Leesburg , Florida
No I never said anything about full price. I just wanted you to know they are expensive, and that I will not be giving them away, especially since they look brand new. These are the leather ones, not fabric.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:34 AM   #33
3 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
eden prairie , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanusport View Post
I’m in love with the teak table. If it’s more functional then that’s great too. Did I read that you reused the mechanism that bolts to bottom of table?
Yeah it's great, and the lipped edge to safely keep items from sliding off is fantastic too. Just an error by Airstream in it's original table selection. I had found the perfect air mattress (Exped Duo 10M) that fit the space exactly so as not to burden the factory cushions (which made a nice lounge couch with the back cushions), only to find that the table still presented me with an uneven surface for the mattress. I started shopping for a smaller teak table and found the perfect size.

But to answer your question... yes I used the same holes of the mechanism as a template to carefully drill the pilot holes in the new tabletop bottom. It pushes down "almost" completely flush as it's edges no longer rest on the wood benches like the original. The pedestal's design has it's lowest "hard stop" that prevents it from being exactly flush, but it is so close that I didn't want to take the extra time of attempting to modify it.
keweenawbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:03 PM   #34

2011 22' Sport
fairview , North Carolina
Intersted in dinette

Hi- I am interested. What would tour price be? Do you also want to sell base and table or just cushions? Thanks
susanraye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:12 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Leesburg , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanraye View Post
Hi- I am interested. What would tour price be? Do you also want to sell base and table or just cushions? Thanks
I can sell dinette, telescoping table and/or cushions. I have all listed in Airstream classifieds under the parts section. I have pictures there also.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:13 AM   #36
3 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Leesburg , Florida
I will be at International if you are considering wanting to see any of them.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:46 AM   #37

2012 22' FB Sport
Corpus Christi , TX
My wife and I did it almost immediately in our 2016 22' Bambi Sport. The back support is ridiculously weak so we removed the seating area, kept table but re-centered it and put in two swivel barrel chairs. It far more functional now. I don't see anyone throwing a dinner party and needing seating for six in their little Bambi trailer. So, yes, I would make it work for you and yours!
mikegilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:39 AM   #38
1 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Fort Myers , Florida
Removing table from Sport 22 ft.

I just need to know if the only thing holding the table in place are the screws in the telescoping mechanism that go into the floor.
I don't want to be suprised by some bolt in the undercarriage that I cannot get at.
The table is huge and worthless, sad to say, and I just want to remove it.
Lilyfielding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:16 AM   #39
3 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Leesburg , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyfielding View Post
I just need to know if the only thing holding the table in place are the screws in the telescoping mechanism that go into the floor.
I don't want to be suprised by some bolt in the undercarriage that I cannot get at.
The table is huge and worthless, sad to say, and I just want to remove it.
It was just screwed to the floor. I removed it with a drill.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:04 AM   #40

2012 22' FB Sport
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLuAdrift View Post
I am interested to see if anyone has completely removed the dinette and replaced with 2 chairs and cabinet in between?
Go for it! Nothing is in the way. We pulled the settee out completely and used two barrel swivel chairs divided by the original table. We turned the table 90 degrees for space and function. Table is only held by screws, nothing else. MUCH better now!
MikeCCTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:59 PM   #41
1 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Fort Myers , Florida
Thanks. I plan to use a roll up rei table when I need one.

Lilyfielding is offline   Reply With Quote