Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2016, 10:29 AM   #21
2016 19ft flying cloud

Spokane , Washington
We got our 19ft 2016 Silver cloud in Aug
After the first trip out I ordered a portable solar panel from echo Worthy, it seems to do a good job at keeping the batteries topped off while we were out for 5 days.

If I were ordering a new unit from the factory, I'd see if there was a upgrade on the flooring material used,,,ours has a soft floor, that needs to be covered at all times,any little rock you might bring in on your shoe will make an indentation in the material,,,,

A few things you will need, a lock for the hitch,rugs for floor,extended mirrors for towing,back up camera is nice, sissor Jack if your vehicle doesn't have one
Spinonedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:37 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
We will also be getting our first, a 2017 FC 23D bunk, this December or january. Forums are useful and appreciate how helpful people are.

Would it be wise to get a generator, especially if we plan to camp where there is no power hookup? I plan to buy the Honda Eu2000.

Any reason I shouldn't buy it?
Thanks!
Troutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:51 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
San Diego and Julian , California
Dear Troutboy,

No, there was is no reason not to purchase a generator. Lots of folks use them, especially if they are a little power hungry and like the convenience of sure-fire juice.

There is another camp of folks that go the more green approach by getting a solar panel. The advantage of the solar is that they are not loud and do not need fuel. Also, check out your new 2017. It will come equipped with a Zamp solar power plug on the A-frame. This eliminates the hassle of unbuckling your battery box and placing clamps onto the battery electrodes. An 80 watt portable unit serve you well.

There are many posts about solar panels and generators on the Forum. Read through them before you spend big money on the Honda.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 10-12-2016, 07:10 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2017 28' International
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Trout boy, we took delivery on a 2017 Serenity 28' in Aug. we had it built with two AC units and the Zamp Solar Panels. The panels are great at keeping the batteries topped off. Not knowing how we would use the trailer I purchased two EU2000is from Genconnex. They were converted to propane. Our first use of them was for three days of no power during and after Hurricane Matthew. The Hondas are pricey but in my experience (we have an EU6500is for the house) are extremely reliable, quiet and efficient.
VaTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote