Originally Posted by morgandc
Well, I took the plunge, I have money down on a new 2013 Sport 22' that I am planning on driving home this coming weekend. I am trying to put together the list of things /issues that I will need to address when I go 4 hours away to pick it up... Anything else that you see that I won't be able to survive one night without? I will be going through this with the dealer via phone as well tomorrow.
1. Hitch with proper sized Ball
2. Adapters if needed for electrical
4. Possibly safety chains if they aren't included
5. Possible hitch height adjustment
6. Towing mirrors
7. Leveling Blocks
1) Six-pack to test your refrigerator efficiency.
2) Have BMW or a certified tech install compatible electric brake controller on your X5 and test it before you go. ( Is your 22 TT sport a disc brake or drum ?)
3) RV anti freeze if temp is in 40 range. (Test all blumbing and have the dealer winterize again before you depart the dealership ) Very important.
4) Wheel chocks, hitch pin lock & sewer gloves if you don't have one yet or buy at the dealer
5) Camp overnight at the dealership if you have the time and you will discover a lot to be adjusted or calibrated the following day. Best wishes.