Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-03-2015, 12:04 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
New 2015 Bambi Owners Experience

Greetings! After lurking on the Forums for some time my wife and I took delivery of a 2015 Bambi Sport 16J. Our route to this purchase was a bit complicated as we had weighed the AS against purchase of a 2015 T@B Sofitel S. In fact we puchased and towed home the T@B last Monday. It soon became apparent that it was just too small for our needs. After a discussion with our dealer, we were able to bring it back and pick up the Bambi, instead with no loss plus a nice discount on the Bambi. It is funny how a foot more in length, height and width seemed to double the floor and storage area. After camping in the Bambi this past weekend we know we made the right choice. I want to give a shout out to Bruce Miller and the team at Haydocy Airstream in Columbus, OH -- first class treatment. And thanks for the many tips which are helping us get the most out of our new Bambi.
remphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 12:50 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Remphoto, congrats on your new BAMBI. You seem familiar. Did I see some of your postings on T@B forum? I know you made the right choice! There is no comparison between the two! I could not be happier for trading my T@B in on my 2015 BAMBI 16 Sport!

Have you been on a trip yet? I'm packing up my Bambino in preparation for a weeklong trip to Durango, Colorado.....then, return home, near Denver...rest a minute, then head out for a trip to Grand Tetons, Glacier NP, AND ON TO PNW coast along hwy 101!

I am so looking forward to my journeys. Have many safe and glorious trips!
HAPPY TRAILS, YA'LL! Evelyn.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLady View Post
Remphoto, congrats on your new BAMBI. You seem familiar. Did I see some of your postings on T@B forum? I know you made the right choice! There is no comparison between the two! I could not be happier for trading my T@B in on my 2015 BAMBI 16 Sport!

Have you been on a trip yet? I'm packing up my Bambino in preparation for a weeklong trip to Durango, Colorado.....then, return home, near Denver...rest a minute, then head out for a trip to Grand Tetons, Glacier NP, AND ON TO PNW coast along hwy 101!

I am so looking forward to my journeys. Have many safe and glorious trips!
HAPPY TRAILS, YA'LL! Evelyn.
Indeed, I did post on T@b forum but hoped to disappear quietly so as not to be a downer. . We liked the style, quality, etc with it but for us 2 it seemed like it would be tight- would have had to store most everything in the TV.

We picked up the Bambi Friday and headed to a State Park for the weekend. We took 3 large containers of supplies and stowed everything using tips from this forum. We only used about half the available space and seem pretty well-equipped. Great fun!
Old 05-03-2015, 03:00 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Hinckley , Ohio
It was a stand up thing for them to take the TAB back and give you full credit. Haddock bribed you with BBQ!
Old 05-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
Salt Lake City , Utah
When I went looking I also was pretty certain I was getting a t@b, but then I found a 16' Quiksilver Edition. Never looked back! Congratulations and have fun.

Stan
Salt Lake City
Old 05-03-2015, 05:09 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigventure View Post
It was a stand up thing for them to take the TAB back and give you full credit. Haddock bribed you with BBQ!
Haydocy is a stand up organization -- really were committed to helping us us get what works best for us. And any dealer which sponsors a converted vintage Airstream BBQ stand has to be special.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:30 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Pineola , North Carolina
You made a good decision on getting the sport 16. Congratulations!
Old 05-07-2015, 06:05 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Huntsville , Alabama
Congratulations! My wife and I have a 16' and enjoy it a lot. Seems to be just the right size for the two of us.

Ron
2015 Sport 16'
Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 05-30-2015, 05:22 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

2016 16' Sport
Harrisburg , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by remphoto View Post
Greetings! After lurking on the Forums for some time my wife and I took delivery of a 2015 Bambi Sport 16J. Our route to this purchase was a bit complicated as we had weighed the AS against purchase of a 2015 T@B Sofitel S. In fact we puchased and towed home the T@B last Monday. It soon became apparent that it was just too small for our needs. After a discussion with our dealer, we were able to bring it back and pick up the Bambi, instead with no loss plus a nice discount on the Bambi. It is funny how a foot more in length, height and width seemed to double the floor and storage area. After camping in the Bambi this past weekend we know we made the right choice. I want to give a shout out to Bruce Miller and the team at Haydocy Airstream in Columbus, OH -- first class treatment. And thanks for the many tips which are helping us get the most out of our new Bambi.
Wow! Almost the same thing happened to us...except that we bought the T@B Sofitel and one month and one camping trip later, we also realized it was just too small. So, I called the very same Bruce Miller of Haydocy Airstream and traded it in for a 2016 Bambi. Unlike you, we did take a slight loss, but he gave us the absolute best price of any dealer. We pick up our Bambi on Friday, June 5th. I am so glad that you are happy with your Bambi. I think we will love ours too!
Bewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:33 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewell View Post
Wow! Almost the same thing happened to us...except that we bought the T@B Sofitel and one month and one camping trip later, we also realized it was just too small. So, I called the very same Bruce Miller of Haydocy Airstream and traded it in for a 2016 Bambi. Unlike you, we did take a slight loss, but he gave us the absolute best price of any dealer. We pick up our Bambi on Friday, June 5th. I am so glad that you are happy with your Bambi. I think we will love ours too!
We are currently camping our way to Florida and the Bambi is working out very well now that we figured out storage and a routine. Any time things seem a little tight I remember how much tighter would be the T@b. The T@b is a great unit for someone moving up from a tent but for people like us with a couple of 32 footers in our past it was just too much of a cut.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:48 PM   #11

Currently Looking...
Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
I am a current T@b trailer over in Pittsburgh and when/if the time comes for me to buy a Bambi, it will be from Hadocey. I consistently hear great things about them.
JKJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:24 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Davidson , North Carolina
Today I made a deal with Bruce Miller, a true gentleman, trading in a Sport 16 for a Flying Cloud 19. Thank you Bruce.
Viggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:02 PM   #13
1 Rivet Member

Raleigh , North Carolina
Bumping a three-year-old thread.

My wife and I looked at AS a couple years ago but never ended up pulling the trigger.

This year we picked up a '17 T@B CS-S as one was for sale locally and we got a good deal. We love the little trailer. Easy to tow and it is a great upgrade from tent camping. However, we have an 11-month-old baby. She co-sleeps with us so sleeping is not a problem right now, however, she will need her own sleeping arrangements eventually.

We camp pretty much every other weekend and have not done any longer trips than a three-day weekend. I'm sure that will change as the summer wears on. We are minimalists and like being outdoors and not in a trailer when camping so the out door kitchen on the CS works well for us.

Looking at upgrading next year when the baby sleeps on her own. Not trying to spend $75k on a trailer and I want to keep it small and light. I was going to go with the new T@B 400 as that seems to be the right size for us. Since they are new, there are not many on the secondary market (MSRP with options is low 30s). However, that puts me in the range of a late model used Bambi 16--which although is technically smaller than the 400, I think it has as much usable space.
Maddmike is offline   Reply With Quote