Old 05-30-2014, 09:32 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Smokeless Joe's setup might be a perfect design overall with the special air system. Perhaps some rearrangement inside.

If you shop trailers the Safari line aside from the SE models had upholstered walls and ceiling. Nice and quiet. I have one and it is not soundproof but private. You can barely hear a conversation inside- cannot make out words but hear some murmur noise in a quiet outdoor setting. A 25' or so would give you desk space, bathroom and lounge or counseling area. A 23' could also do this. Smaller may be too tight as others have said. A 25' with truck is about a 45' long vehicle. You would also need a generator for the truck bed to power the AC.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:11 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
2015 22' FB Sport
Kansas City , Missouri
Suggest you broaden your search and explore how others have solved these issues.

Look at mobile mammography units, bookmobiles, bloodmobiles, instructional trailers, and the like.

You may find that a motored vehicle is better than a trailer as it may offer better power, 4 tires making leveling a non-issue, onboard generators, and better air conditioning capacity.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:25 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
No kitchen, no shower, a 31 footer would work. A person could have two rooms and a bath with a toilet and sink. Also in a custom build waste tanks could be added to a respectable capacity.

Older 31 footers can be bought reasonably, and for a total remodel, an older trailer would be a practical starting point.

I imagine that the trailer I built could have made a nice office with only a few changes, and for not much more or even less than what I spent to make a camper. I have WAY less in my trailer than what a new AS would cost, ANY new AS.

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:29 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
need help on mobile therapy idea

This winter I had to make a trip to Lubbock. We arrived about the same time as a bad cold snap. We were able to heat the trailer easily, toasty warm, with one 1700 watt space heater in weather as cold as about ten degrees.

For an office that would need to cool off quickly I would want two air conditioners in a 31 footer though.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:25 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, not that I would ever want or need your services, but I would not be impressed with a professional in your trade doing business in an old or tiny Airstream. You would be best buying the new Classic as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Note: this was not meant to hurt your feelers , but my true thoughts and my opinion as per what you asked.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:17 AM   #34
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
I don't know, the tiny I agree with, but there are some nicely done old Airstreams out there.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:55 AM   #35
1 Rivet Member

Houston , Texas
Hmm... very helpful insight, everyone. Sounds like a lot to consider and that the 16-17 footer is pretty much out of the question. I'm really not too worried about the toilet. As I'd mentioned in a previous post, I would be stationed at places like churches where available washrooms and waiting space won't be an issue. I don't really have to have one but it would be a nice convenience for myself, in case of an emergency, and for resale value. Luckily, I will need next to nothing for admin space. Nowadays, everything is electronic so physical paperwork is minimal. I could do just fine with enough space to hold my laptop. I have a vehicle that I can tow with as well so that also helps. Regardless, I have no doubt whatsoever that this approach would take significantly more work and money than going a more traditional route. I'm somewhat less concerned with the financial cost as a whole seeing as most people spend incredible amounts of money on leasing an office space as it is and never get to call it their own. Rather, my concern is the amount of money it would cost upfront and the greater risk involved in that sense.

Cramar, you and I are on a similar wavelength in terms of some of the appeal of going the Airstream route and making it a well built, unique option for therapy. My hope is that this non-traditional approach could open up dialogue and spark interest into the discussion of mental health, stigmas, barriers to treatment, and the potential benefits of speaking to a professional. My vision far exceeds a simple office on wheels. Still, this is all a learning process for me so I remain open to any and all ideas. All of your experiences are valuable to me as I consider how I could take on this somewhat wild venture and try to make a difference with what I do.

Thomas31, do you happen to have the contact information for Dan? He definitely sounds like a great person to get insight from.

Some inspirations: This first one looks very expensive, but I like the idea of working up to something like this.

Naturally, I would not go with anything bohemian style and I recognize the magic of a wide angle lens; however, I feel like I could work this type of space:

Thank you for your thoughts! Please feel free to keep them coming.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:26 AM   #36
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
You might find clients so enthralled with their environs that it would be hard for them to focus on their reasons for coming to you.

Also, unless you were booked back-to-back, a small and nicely refurbished unit with only the one main room, that included a sitting area and small office space, would likely suffice, IMO.

Maggie